What bands have you seen in concert?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by n99hockey, Oct 10, 2008.

1. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Sorry for a resurrected thread...that's shame shame...lol. But i understand the Father aspect...i just have a son, luckily ;)

Me not to many concerts....Van Halen - Balance, Staind in ATL, Cake in ATL, Sean Jean at Hard Rock Orlando...all i got
  2. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Too numerous to accurately list here. Are we only talking arenas or do smaller venues like CBGB count?
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

that sure counts
  4. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Hardcore punk :-

Agnostic Front, Cro Mags, Murphy's Law, Warzone, Sheer Terror, SFA, Gorilla Biscuits, Leeway, Biohazard, DRI, Iron Cross, Bad Brains, Sick Of It All, BlackTrain Jack, Darkside NYC, Step2Far, H2O, Bulldoze, Carnivore, Crowd Control, Shelter, Burn, Suicidal Tendencies, Fear, Infest, No Redeeming Social Value, Cause for Alarm
    -
    Punk/Oi!/Ska :-
    A.P.A, Anti-Nowhere League, Anti-Heroes, The Blitz, Blood or Whiskey, I.R.A, Oi Polloi, NY-RelX, Sham 69, Stiff Little Fingers, The Bruisers, The Exploited, The Ramones, The Partisans, Urban Riot, GBH, SubHumans, Nihilistics, U.K. Subs, Poison Idea, The Business, Jerry's Kids, Blanks 77,
    Desmond Dekker, The Specials, The Toasters, Madness, Bim Skala Bim
    -
    Speed metal/Thrash Metal :-
    Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, Overkill, Anthrax, Testament, Pantera, White Zombie, Exodus, Motorhead, Nuclear Assault, Gwar, Ministry, Sepultura, Iron Maiden, Ozzy Osbourne,

-
    Miscellaneous :-

Patti Smith, Blondie, Rolling Stones, Faith No More, Living Color, Fishbone, Life of Agony, Public Enemy, Dick Dale,
    -

There is more, a lot more.. There are bands that I am not immediately recalling and I dunno if including small local bands with a dedicated following or that one killer demo/album counts. If it does, then the punk and hardcore punk section pretty much quadruples in numbers. Also, many bands I saw multiple times and shared the bill with others on the list, so the count may be slightly skewed....but this should do for now.
  5. piranah

piranah New Member

First concert was White Snake with Poison...very interesting for a 14 year old...
    Rascal Flatts
    Jah Roots ("backstage")
    77 Jefferson
    Dierks Bently
    Blake Shelton
    Easteighteen
    Lucky Dube
    Joan Baez
    Bob Dylan
    Martina McBride (rained out)
    [FONT=arial,helvetica]Joe Nichols
    Green Day
    Public Property

Its kinda hard to get to decent concerts when you live in BFE and the local University wouldnt allow concerts in the arena, for fear of ruining the concrete floor.:embarassed:
    [/FONT]
  6. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

I just found out I'm going to see Jingle Jam here in Houston.

I don't know the whole list of people that are gonna be playing, but it should be amazing

ps..i'm a guru now :)..gah I post too much!
  7. n99hockey

congrats on guru!
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yup... congratz brandon.
  9. cindra

cindra Active Member

Woohoo! Congrats on GURU!! :thumbup:
  10. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Back from the dead...:dft002:zombie

I just got back from Crue Fest 2, although we left before they came on to beat traffic. I did get to see the Charm City Devils, Theory of a Deadman, Drowning Pool, and Godsmack (still a good 4 hours of music)
  11. n99hockey

you went to crue fest and didnt see motely crue!?

-Sent from my Q9n
  12. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

nope, I went to see Godsmack and Drowning Pool. So it was a success in my book. And the ticket was free. Plus, probably about 8,000 cars trying to get out of one exit at once isn't good math
  13. n99hockey

well you did get to see some other good bands..

-Sent from my Q9n
  14. EQBob

EQBob New Member

WOW....Apparently, I'm a total loser with respect to bands/concerts. (I'm sure there are many more categories than just bands/concerts, but I'm being nice, since I'm talking about myself).

After reading through the past pages, I recognize *maybe* 50% of the listings people had. The percentage that I'd actually even consider going to was far smaller than that.

Have been to see Billy Idol in MSG circa 1985ish or so and I saw Trace Adkins circa 1999 or so.