What am i doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by hellachopper, Jul 17, 2008.

1. hellachopper

hellachopper New Member

What am i doing wrong?

Ok i have been messing up lately trying to downlaod new home screens. I have orange, smartmonitor, and facade downloaded on my phone. I have tried downloading crazykays smoke theme and billabong one. I get it on my phone and i load it under home screen and than my phone jsut gets slower and slower till it freezes so i pull the battery, restart it than it would keep freezing right away but i have to quick uninstall the things than reset it for it to work again. Where am i screwing up?

Thanks
    Tanner
  2. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Some people have problems with Smartmonitor where it freezes up their phone. Their are 2 versions out on the net: 0.9.5.1 is the version u want! 0.9.6 freezes your phone. U can get the right version from Rudeboys app page found at the bottom of any of his posts. Just look in their for plugin-smartmonitor. Uninstall your old version & reinstall this version. Unless of course u already have this version, then u r 1 of the very few unlucky people that can't use these screens.
  3. hellachopper

hellachopper New Member

ok well i will redownload it but i still need help with downloading it to my phone i know im missing a step somehow i read the how to install sticky but it hasnt worked once on anything other than cabinet files
  4. hellachopper

hellachopper New Member

cant seem to find this app if someone knows the link would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Tanner
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

did you as docmac suggested download it from my apps page ?
  6. hellachopper

hellachopper New Member

ok now i got it downlaoded i couldnt see it on your other posts last night or this morning my bad sorry
  7. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

unzip your rar or zip file.
    It should unzip to either have a folder and an something.home.xml or a jpg file or 2 and a something.home.xml. After you have the files extracted, copy the files over to your application data/home folder.If you are not sure how to do this follow these steps
    On your pc:
    1. Hook your phone to your pc
    2. ActiveSync will open on your desktop
    3. Click Explore.
    4. Find the files that u just unzipped (at least 2 files, maybe more)
    5. Navigate to \Application Data\Home and copy the files there
    After installation is complete go to your home screen settings and select the home screen you just installed.

Trouble Shooting
    If you are seeing a bar at the top of the screen and the text is not aligning properly to where it should be there could be 1 of 2 problems.
    Problem 1:
    In your home screen settings you do not have your background set to default. If you set this to anything else it will change how the wallpaper sits behind the plugins and screw up the alignment. To fix this set the background image to default.
    Problem 2 Solution:
    In your home screen settings you do not have your color scheme set to default or to a color scheme that does not have a background image as part as the scheme (note the color schemes that come standard with the phones all have wallpapers associated with them. If you choose one of these it will change the background). To fix this set the color scheme to default or if you wish to change the color scheme go to my color schemes page located here and download either my Black Soft Keys color scheme or one of my other softkey color sets.:smile:
  8. crazykay

crazykay New Member

Thanks for the help on this question from the OP while I was away doc and rb!!
  9. hellachopper

hellachopper New Member

thx everyone finally got it
  10. hellachopper

hellachopper New Member

one last question if possible how do it change the signal bars color because the abttery and signal bars are both black so all i can see is the %'s

Thanks
    Tanner
  11. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

CrazyKay can help u out with this, since she is the creator of this beautiful screen. If she is too busy, then I will take a look later this afternoon. One Question: Do you have a file called SmartMonitor on your Q located in Application Data>Home. If you dont, then create one and put the png files that she created into that Smartmonitor file. If u do, then go into it & make sure that you see a meter empty png & the color of the meter full png that she used in that HS. You must have those files to see the signal/battery meter bars. From what u said, it sounds like u have the meter empty png's since u r seeing a black bar. U might just be missing the meter full png's of that particular color she used in that particular HS.:smile:
  12. hellachopper

hellachopper New Member

I think i udnerstood what your saying but just incase heres a picture of what im seeing

[​IMG]
  13. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Nope, but u r in the right area. That is a Monitor folder in application data>home. Is there a folder called Smartmonitor in that application data>home?? That is the folder that she puts her images into.:smile:
  14. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Allright, I just looked into it a little more for you.
    For the Smoke HS, there should be a folder called smoke in your application data>home with all the appropriate images in it.
    For the Billabong HS, there should be a folder called SmartMonitor in the same place.
    If u dont see any of these folders in application data>home, u will NOT see the images for smartmonitor. Make these folders in Application data>home, then drag/copy the images into those respective folders. U r then done!:smile:
  15. crazykay

crazykay New Member

oh boy! I think this is my fault. I think I possibly could have uploaded the wrong file for smartmonitor for that hs.. ill have to check it later..anyways. you can dl one of the other HS smartmonitor.zip files from one of the most recent HS of mine and put that folder into application data/home and it should work fine thanks doc for your help!
  16. crazykay

crazykay New Member

so the correct files are there doc???
  17. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

There are image folders for both HS's. The Smoke HS has a folder called Smoke in it with 4 or 5 images in it. The Billabong HS has a folder called SmartMonitor in it with the images.
    This is why I got away from folders with the images & just added the 2 png images to the zip with the xml & background jpg file. Less confusion. Sometimes when people unzip HS.zips,:smile: the folder for the images doesn't get made in the app data>home folder while the images are just copied into the app data>home folder. So when the xml looks for a folder called Smartmonitor for the images, there is NO folder. Hope I didn't confuse u??
  18. crazykay

crazykay New Member

yep I understand! im potq or I would have checked this out myself but thanks once again for all your help! guess its time to change my ways!! lol
  19. hellachopper

hellachopper New Member

Ok i downloaded the smartmonitor file and put it in there now it works!! Thanks so much everyone you are all amazing:)

Tanner