What am i doing wrong

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by csmguitarman, Sep 29, 2007.

1. csmguitarman

csmguitarman New Member

What am i doing wrong

[​IMG][​IMG]I have numerous different home screen themes thanks to all of you guys. But yet again i feel like a retard. I have a few pics that i took with my phone that i want as my home screen pic. when i set the image to be the background im left with a small white bar across the bottom. why does it not stretch the whole page. am i missing a setting? If some one could kindly make these into two different home screens I would some much appriciate that
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

if you edited the xml file and added the background image in that way you have to leave the 'background images settings' in the homescreen settings menu (on the Q) to 'default' otherwise you will get that white bar
  3. csmguitarman

csmguitarman New Member

yeah i have no idea how to do that so i just ask those smarter for help
  4. n99hockey

just copy the xml file of them homescreen from the device (\application data\home) to your PC
    then open it up in notepad (right click on file and hit edit) then look for one of the first plugins that have an image reference
    change the image name to the file you want
    close out the xml file and then copy it back to the device \application data\home
    also, take the image file and make sure its in the \application data\home folder
  5. csmguitarman

csmguitarman New Member

will try that
  6. n99hockey

ok good luck
    post back if you need help

-Sent from my Q
  7. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

I have sprint, so here is what I do: start/Settings/Home screen/home screen layout is sprint layout (should work for any factory layout..i think)/done. Then start/pictures & videos/highlight the pic you want-view/menu/use as home screen. move it up or down to get the best image - next - adjust transparency (I use 60%) - finish. This stretches it to fit from the icon bar to the soft keys.

Hope this helps.
  8. csmguitarman

csmguitarman New Member

that works too. thanks guys i guess ill have to learn to tinker. placement of stuff on the home screen is a lil off when i use sprint layout