Well this has been interesting.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by EQBob, Jul 30, 2009.

1. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Well this has been interesting.....

Massive chemical fire (ammonium nitrate) north of town, mandantory evac area kept growing throughout the day, got to the point where it included work, that shut down, took 45 minutes to get home...(7 miles, usually takes 15 min). Co-worker of wife was smack dab in middle of evac zone so wife invited them here, so house has 5 more people than normal, 2 TV's and 3 video games going. Dogs are loving all the people to play with.

Our house was included in last update with an advisory evac area but prevailing winds were going south, so we stayed.

Currently they are scaling back the evac area to a smaller area.

Been an interesting evening to say the least.
  2. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

time for vacation ill say ;)

seriously tho, are you both ok?
  3. BoostedKnight

BoostedKnight New Member

That would be a kinda stressful day I'd imagine. Hope they keep the evac area down and the winds keep blowing the other way.
  4. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Yeah...we're fine. We had a population increase of +5 for the night. chemical was ammonium nitrate which is only really a danger if you inhale significant quantities or ingest it. It's a skin / lung / eye irritant in the air, but the prevailing winds were blowing it away from us...This morning, we're getting little downpours here and there, so that will help take it out of the air as well.

The 3 kids ran the dogs ragged. <G>

Evac area this morning has been scaled way back. Only about 300 homes affected now.
  5. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

oh that reminds me, I so have to post the pictures of Alice my girfriends welsh corgi something else mix...shes tan and spoiled rotten :tounge:
  6. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Pembroke or Cardiagan?
  7. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

Pembroke...tho to be honest its REALLY hard to tell because shes a solid tan.