Well. that could've gone better....

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by SLUFDRIVER, Dec 10, 2008.

1. SLUFDRIVER

SLUFDRIVER New Member

Well. that could've gone better....

:frown: Last night I downloaded and installed VZ Nav onto my Q9m/c. It works, but then said I needed to subscribe and to call *611. Then it hit the fan. Actually got to a VZ techie who tried for 2 hours to convince his boss that since it downloaded and installed, they should let me sign up even though my device (Q9m) isn't authorized for this service. He had me go to the local VZ store where the Tech mgr practically blew a gasket because he couldn't make the computer take the subscription. Finally the VZ tech dept somewhere told him to hard reset the phone, which he refused to do. Jeez. All I wanted to do was allow them to take an additional $10 a month out of my wallet!
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

wow...

potQ9c
  3. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

what he ^^ said
  4. SLUFDRIVER

SLUFDRIVER New Member

This gets even better. The VZ techie called me on my land line phone about 5 minutes ago to appolagize for not being able to get around the management's policy on my situation. He did talk to the local VZW store, and somehow got me an offer to buy a refurbed Q9c from the store for $50 and my Q9m with a month's free VZ Nav. Go figure. I may take them up on it.
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

sad thing, that is the basic replacemnet policy, they are not givin you a price. whay should you except a refurb, go for the jugular (sp) get something new.
  6. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

WOW! Now I know why I hate Verizon.
    Well they and they wanted me to pay a deposit of $1500(!?) where Alltel and Sprint approved me for 5 lines.
  7. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

The irony of this whole situation is that the Q9C and the Q9M are, from a hardware standpoint, identical devices.

It's simply ridiculous that the Q9C can't use the V-Cast service, and the Q9C can't use the Q9M.

I basically talked to a rep and apparently the "new Q" is coming out around early January (I assumed he was talking about the Napolean.. wouldn't give any more details)

I'm gonna ditch the Q9C and go Napolean... hopefully they will have this whole VZNavigator/vcast thing sorted out by then.
  8. txter

txter New Member

sorry to hear but that reach around they gave you.
    im on VZW. i gota say that some of their techs should not be a tech at all for anything. but then others are pretty nice guys & know what their doing. i do have to say that i never once had a good moment w/ AT&T techs. "well just reset, well just reset". i have some colorful language for them...
  9. Thomas M

Thomas M New Member

How did the techs screw you again? If the system is not coded to provision the Q9m for it there is nothing they can do. I dont particularly like Verizon playing the branding/model game with the same phone but they did it. Its been common knowledge for quite a while now. Its just silly to blame the techs for a (bad) corprate decision.
  10. I8qbert

I8qbert Active Member

um maybe the tech srewed up by telling him he could do it then the store said no ; )
  11. Thomas M

Thomas M New Member

Yes that would be a screw up but not a screw over. Maybe I read the posts wrong but it looked like they TRIED to do it for him even though they were not supposed to. Sounds like they tried to do him a favor but ended up banging their head against the company wall.

I admit it is a pet peeve of mine when people try to make something happen that wont just because someone misspoke.......'A-hah, you said it could be done so now you OWE it to me even though its not supposed to be done'
  12. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

OK lets see .
    Did you flash the C firmware to your M ?

Just wondering since Verizons warranty is stricter than Sprint s and that would void it .

Curious they didn't ask how you did it .
  13. I8qbert

I8qbert Active Member

fair enough. point is the tech should know better than to offer something that isn't possible (under "normal" conditions). More often is the reverse where the techs say it can't be done when it can. my .02.
    potQ
  14. SLUFDRIVER

SLUFDRIVER New Member

15. SLUFDRIVER

SLUFDRIVER New Member

Well, to put this thread to bed, the final tally is:

1) Q9m/c reflashed to latest version of Q9m firmware and software.

2) Refurbed Q9c for $50 made 1 call and 2 texts, shut off and then wouldn't go past the green WE6.1 boot screen.

3) Returned to VZW store. No more refurbs. Final solution was to give them $70 more for a NIB Q9c and do the $70 rebate(?).

4) Bring home new Q9c, install all EQ hacks, etc. Works fine, and a friend wants to buy the Q9m.

What an ordeal simply because I wanted VZ Navigator!