Well heck... I'm back...

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Flaystus, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Flaystus

Flaystus Member

iPhone is.... deadish. Long story.

Found a SWEET deal on an LG Q on craigslist ($100 like new!) so I'm back with a WP7.

NoDo really DID increase application launch time.

Now I just got to resist storming MS HQ in an attempt to steal Mango! lol :cool:
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Glad to have you back! Mango gets more awesomer every time a new feature is revealed!
  3. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I need to figure out how to get on the list of sites that gets a Mango preview.
  4. chris

Oh and welcome back to eWM.
  5. Flaystus

Flaystus Member

Yeah saw EnG's long preview. Very interesting stuff.

And with the news today of early dev access. Lets just say I may luck out with a buddy who is a programmer and about to register as a dev finally after months of me urging him.

I kept trying to explain to him that there is "gold" to be had in the WP7 market place for those who establish good apps early and its finally sinking in.
  6. chris

Smart man or should I say men. Good on you for finding a way to get Mango and your friend for becoming a developer. I don't think sales have been great thus far, but sales of Android weren't great in the early stages. I see this fall as the big coming out party for Windows Phone. There is just too much good in the OS and Mango will be the icing on the cake. Now we just some killer hardware. I want iPhone 4 quality hardware running WP7. Nokia can get that done.
  7. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I think the Sea Ray would be a good fit for my wife's personality. Especially if it comes in those iPod Nano like colors. She needs a new phone badly, but we're reserving the upgrade for Nokia's first release.
  8. Flaystus

Flaystus Member

Yeah the Nokia hardware should be great, and finally a WP7 from a company that knows how to pick a good camera part. WOOHOO!

Far as developing for the platform. Way I see it one way or another WP7 will end up somewhere nice. Its too good of an in between OS and the more MS concentrates on Enterprise the better they'll do as they take users away from Blackberry.

Thats just my POV though.
  9. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I can't really complain about the current games and apps offerings, except maybe for tools and productivity apps. But with Mango supposedly opening more of the OS to developers, we should see a surge of updated and useful apps.
  10. Fleon

Fleon New Member

Does the new phone fix the problems with quiet bluetooth audio that you were having with your Samsung?
    I've got a Samsung Focus and haven't had the issue you described with quiet audio- either from the headphone jack or from streaming over bluetooth. Just wondering if your problem still exists now that you are on NoDo....