Welcome Improvements on Q9h Global

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by Duke4062, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Duke4062

Duke4062 New Member

Welcome Improvements on Q9h Global

I thought I'd talk about some of the the improvements I have noticed on my new Q9 versus my original Q. And some things that should of stayed the same.

Improvements.
    -Automatic settings for personal email works out the box with more email providers including free yahoo! accts.(had to use yahoo go on the original)
    -Dedicated buttons for most common functions(It's just like how I wanted it on my original Q)
    -2MP camera for better quality photos
    -Assignable right soft key (right out the box!)
    -HSDPA technology for the fastest data in the U.S.
    -Up to 32GB storage as the cards become available!!
    -I like how ATT incorporated their Media offerings(ATT music,video,etc. vcast was not supported on my vzw Q)
    -The Opera browser was a definite needed upgrade from pocket IE, glad it was made the default browser.
    -Also the D-pad is sooooo much nicer. It is very sturdy and provides superior navigation.
    -Docs to Go(This time I didn't have to pay extra, came pre-installed)
    -The keypad is the easiest that I have ever used. It has a wide span and very large comfortable keys.
    -Love the built in GPS.. It tracked my turn by turn perfectly on the way to work today using Google Maps. 100% free!
    -Glad to see they included the extended battery with purchase for times I need the maximum power.

Thats it so far.

These are some things I don't like about the new Q9h Global

-Restricted access of the file manager
    -No more standard headphone jack on top but instead a micro usb port on the side(at least a usb-headphone adapter is included w/ purchase).
    -A tad wider than the original Q.
    -Pocket Nes does not work as smoothly(has problems when two controls are being pushed at once, for ex. diagnol and A button. Same problem as on Blackjack.)
    -It is not compatible with all apps the original Q is because of the WM6 factor I beleive.
  2. Qool Qustomer

Qool Qustomer New Member

Nice overview. Which apps won't work on the 9h that worked on the original Q?
  3. Duke4062

Duke4062 New Member

So far I have loaded smartphone notes, google maps, live search, powertasks & resco file explorer. The 05 v. of resco was giving me trouble and powertasks will not work at all. I will update once I tried some more apps.