Weird text msgs from OZMAIL 118012222269

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by peacemover, Dec 10, 2008.

1. peacemover

peacemover New Member

Weird text msgs from OZMAIL 118012222269

Since I reset my Moto Q9 I have been getting weird text messages from "118012222269" that read:

OZMAIL
    CI=113CD5E96BE95C4286171738B9A9C1CD
    MC=1

Very bizzare!

I tried going to www.vtext.com , signing in and attempting to 'block' the number.

No luck.

I also read somewhere that others who had received similar, strange text messages discovered it was some sort of notification when you receive a new e-mail. The frequency of these messages does seem to be approximately the same number of e-mails I have received on the yahoo acct I have set up as e-mail via the messaging feature.

I have absolutely no idea how to stop these annoying messages, though...

Any ideas anyone???

I have received several hundred of these so far...

Thankfully, it appears I have not been charged for any of them, but still very annoying...

ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks in advance,

John
  2. Acetherockr

Acetherockr Member

3. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

it has something to do with your oz instant messanger...it's sms based partially.
  4. peacemover

peacemover New Member

There has to be a way to take care of this without downloading something onto my Q. I did not ask for these text msgs and notifications, and also do not want to add any other applications to the already extremely small memory on this device.

Anyone have any other suggestions??

5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

install either free app palringo or slick to your storage card?
  6. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

if you have used the instant messager that was provided on the phone in the past, you will need to reinstall that and then sign out of the various IM clients. then you can uninstall it and the messages should stop
  7. peacemover

peacemover New Member

I have never used any instant messenger- just my yahoo mail account. The phone was sluggish, so someone suggested I do a hard reset to original factory default settings, which I did. After that, I set up my yahoo e-mail acct via the messaging feature. After that is when the weird messages started coming through, which seem to roughly correspond with the number of e-mails I receive.

8. poloughlin1

poloughlin1 New Member

Same problem August 2009

I'm getting the same exact problem. 30-50 inbound SMS messages from OZMAIL phone number 118012222269.

My Moto Q has been fine for years - I then forgot it at home on vacation - turned on another older cell phone for 2 weeks and when I got back home reinstated the Moto Q as my main cell phone and email. Then, I start getting these messages. Verizon has tried to block the number - but the only block 10 digit numbers - not the 13 digit 118012222269 number.

I also use Yahoo! as my IMPA / POP account.

Has anyone found a solution?!?
  9. cindra

cindra Active Member

Suggestions (from social.microsoft.com)

1) Change the password on the email account so Verizon/OZmail can't get it (and thus not notify you with a text message).

2) Reload the "MobileEmail" from the Verizon mobile web page, deactivate the email account notifications and deselect "remember my password". You may then delete the application.

If all else fails, you may have to delete the email account it is polling.
  10. bhammell1550

bhammell1550 New Member

found a way out !!!

okay so i know this sounds crazy.
    but when i say ive tried everything i have.
    i have changed passwords.
    that doesnt work.
    i have made a new email and made that my main email on mt pda.
    i have put all the info in the spam filters.
    doesnt work.
    so what i did do..and yes it takes so time but relieves you of those annoying txts.
    i made the new email like i said..but then went back into my yahoo account on my old email..the one that was causing all of the problems..
    and deleted it.now i have a new start on email..go ahead and notify everyone of the email change but i have had 10+ emails in the last hr. and NO SPAM TXT !! whooo hoooo...i was trying everything and this is the only one that has worked