Weird Problem

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by Blindmisfits, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Blindmisfits

Blindmisfits New Member

Weird Problem

Randomly my phone exits out of programs after a second or two of no use its extremely odd and annoying
  2. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Check Your Available RAM

How much RAM (Program Memory) do you have available? If you have very little, it's possible the Windows Mobile memory manager is shutting down your program to do something else (like check E-mail).

Steve

P.S. I also suggest using more descriptive subjects in the future, like "Programs Keep Closing Randomly".
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

a second or 2 sounds quick BUT
    you can check your homscreen time out time

go to
    start
    settings
    homescreen settings

and check to see if you homescreen time out is set to 'never' this way it wont default back to the homescreen after a few seconds (i think its 10 or so)
  4. mwitzah

mwitzah New Member

I'd had this problem with my original Q several times and the only solution I could find posted anywhere (before I found this forum) was to master reset - so I did & that resolved the problem. When I started randomly experiencing this on my 9m after personalizing the heck out of it using this forum, I did not want to have to master reset. I found n99hockey's post regarding the homescreen timeout and changed it to NEVER & voila, the problem disappeared.

FYI: my apps shutting varied considerably from one to the next - some were shut nearly immediately, while others were up for nearly 30 seconds before closing. Simply changing the homescreen timeout to never fixed it and despite random times in closing, none do that anymore.