Weird Error & Symbol

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by Zak Attak, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Zak Attak

Zak Attak New Member

Weird Error & Symbol

I just got the Q9m, and I love it, I really bought it for the Smartphone features, and the MP3 playback was a plus.

So I go to my contacts, select a number, and hit the green send button, then I get an error screen saying "Cannot complete the call." and some insulting troubleshooting tips. I have a 2 bar (?) signal strength.

Now there is a weird symbol at the top of the screen (where you see the battery life, signal strength, etc.) that I cannot find documentation of anywhere, it almost looks like a crude graphic for the Q.

** I do not have any data package on my phone (no internet or email). I got the phone on Sat. Oct. 6, 2007 and it was working fine.

If you need any more info about my settings, plan, or whatever, let me know, and I will post them.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I fixed the problem, so if an admin could delete this, that would be great.
  2. JBK617

JBK617 New Member

What did you do to fix it? Sounds like a problem I had. I had to take mine into a store and have them call tech support to fix it.
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

it would be helpful to others if you told us the:

1. symbol you saw
    2. what fixed it
  4. spork27

spork27 Member

While I'm not the original poster, my guess would be that he turned off the phone portion (like you do in airplane mode).

From the home screen you'll see either your providers name or it'll say "phone off". If you choose this it brings you to the menu to choose whether you have Bluetooth on/off and whether you have the phone portion of the device on/off.
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

pretty much what i thought as well...
  6. Zak Attak

Zak Attak New Member

That was half of it, somehow while walking from class to class I must have done something to turn the phone part off, and as for that symbol, I would love to post what it looks like, but like I said, there was no documentation about it, and now that the problem is solved, I hope I never see it again :wink:. I plugged it into my PC and ActiveSync did its thing, and the symbol went away, thanks for the responses.
  7. fmcgirt

fmcgirt New Member

I also have seen this symbol - really ( as he says ) an icon of the Q - and it appears in place of of the GPS 911 circle symbol on the top line of the Home screen. The only way I know to make it appear is to go into Messaging, check my IMAP email account, not have any new mail and leave Messaging immediately. When I get back to the home screen this symbol is there and after a few seconds it is replaced by the GPS symbol. Also there does not appear to be any documentation for it and my phone is definitely on - not in airplane mode.

Frank
  8. qaushal

qaushal New Member

had to restart

I got the same error while placing calls....Internet was not available as well.....thr was no plane mode ON....restart fixed it.....the only thing I was doing before I saw this was, I charged the phone completely.....

one more hting I Have noticed is that when the phone stays completely charged for long, something weird happens....the last time it was compl. charged, the phone was frozen....