weather updates in themes

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by xXxNELSONxXx, Sep 5, 2008.

1. xXxNELSONxXx

xXxNELSONxXx Member

weather updates in themes

ive started trying a few different themes for my q. i saw that some have weather updates on them. is this a feature you have to have on your phone for them to work? i didnt want to use them thinking that they would need to connect to my data to get updated. or can i use these themes without fear of my phone connecting to use data?
  2. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

Yes, the Weather plugin (of which there are myriad) will use your data plan to connect to the web and download the new updates. If you don't have the weather plugin it won't self install.

So inother words, you can download it, as long as you don't already have that weather program. None of the weather programs come preinstalled on the Q. So you are very likey safe to install the homescreen.

Granted it'll look a bit off though.
  3. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Like Der Alta said, u can download the HS's still, but it would change the look of the HS, possibly making the info line up incorrectly. However, if u do decide to get a weather program, some of them, (I don't know which ones off the top of my head) will let u specify how to download the data (either wirelessly or by hooking up your phone to your computer and letting Active Sync transfer the updates *therefore NOT needing a data plan*, or both):smile:
  4. xXxNELSONxXx

xXxNELSONxXx Member

appreciate the info der alta. btw your hs you make are dope. ive downloaded quite a few already. im looking for a good nebraska husker one. if you have any let me know or if you could make a good one that would be even better. :smile:

nelson
  5. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

As a general rule, I don't do sports themes. The rare exception is if the request has a really good image and an intriguing design idea.

Thanks for the kudos on the screen designs!
  6. inscracefan24488805

inscracefan24488805 New Member

Hey nelson, check out the Homescreen Collection (read only) sticky thread in this forum. There are some Nebraska Cornhuskers Homescreens in there. See if there's something in that thread that will meet your needs.

Cindy
  7. xXxNELSONxXx

xXxNELSONxXx Member

Thanks a lot Cindy! Man, i love the EQ community! and (edit) i already found one i love and am using now. im listening to husker radio right now getting ready for the game. go 'skers!