Weather program that works with WM6.1 sliding Panels?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Irish, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Irish

Irish New Member

Weather program that works with WM6.1 sliding Panels?

Is there any weather program that works with the sliding panels as a stand alone program? Elecont will work but not with the sliders. I have tried Chome and the weather plug in but it changed my phone settings in several ways, one is the phone would never turn off, kept restarting no matter what I did to turn it off, among other things.
    I just would like a stand alone program that will allow me to have weather on my sliding panels screens. Anyone know of one? Doesn't have to be free, but would like it to be reasonable.
    Thanks for the help.
  2. colnago

colnago New Member

3. elecont

elecont New Member

New Weather Forecast for Windows Mobile Sliding Panel

Elecont Software announced new release of Elecont Weather, compatible with Windows Mobile Smartphone Sliding Panel.

Currently Elecont Weather is the most powerful and accurate Windows Mobile weather forecasting software.

It is running on broad range of devices starting from Windows Mobile 2003 SE, Windows Mobile 5, Windows Mobile 6, Windows Mobile 6.1, including Touch, non-Touch versions and Sliding Panel Media home screen.

The key features includes
    * Premium 10 day weather forecast
    * Current conditions
    * Barometer
    * Weather headache warnings (for weather-dependent people)
    * Severe weather alerts
    * Graphs and trends

and much more

Windows Mobile Weather free trial is available at http://www.elecont.com

[​IMG]
  4. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

I'm using the NRG Chome weather v 3.1 and it works fine. Unfortunately I reset something and can't get the single-panel 7-day forecast to come back up, but it works good and doesn't interfere with the operation of my phone or sliding panels at all. I'd recommend it.

(...and now I'll go back and try to figure out what I mis-configured. :))
  5. roscoe22

roscoe22 New Member

I use Featherweather 2.14b (freebie - see XDA). It puts current conditions with clock and provides forecasts/radar/winds.. with the IM sliding panel. I find it works great (uses accuweather), but follow the install/uninstall info to-the-letter.:2cool:
  6. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

Off topic:

From Roscoe's sig:
    Spock: "I am endeavoring, ma'am, to construct a mnemonic circuit using stone knives and bearskins."

City on the Edge of Forever.

(Is this "Name That ST Episode"? Am I on the wrong game show?)
  7. roscoe22

roscoe22 New Member

rfarrah - you win you geek!:thumbup: Let's educate the masses:
    mnemonic memory cir
    TOS 028
    Episode- "The City on the Edge of Forever"

a "mnemonic circuit" defined:

Type of computer circuit used in modern databank access. A primitive circuit, composed of a variety of electrical and radio parts of the 1930s on Earth, was jury-rigged by Commander Spock to retrieve tricorder data while he and Captain Kirk were trapped there.
  8. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Hah hah hah ...nerds!!! :)
  9. roscoe22

roscoe22 New Member

P.S. secret: ---- roscoe is the name of my plott hound! [​IMG]
  10. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

Hey, I resemble that remark! :2cool:

.....and now we take you back to your regularly scheduled topic....
  11. mphaley

mphaley New Member

I've been using FeatherWeather 2.14 for the last few days. After some config hiccups, everything's going great. All that I need and nothing I don't. I'm a fan of Accuweather anyway, so it saves me from having to use the web browser. The only thing simpler is the "weather rock."
  12. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Have to agree... I switched from using miniweather to feather weather 2.14a. FW has a 5day forcast and has a radar. Also, if you activate the scrolling info (feels like, cloud cover, precipitaion, etc.) it will show up on other homescreens, not just sliding panels (minus the graphics/icons). Haven't tried it on custom HS, but it worked fine with the default ones found in the phone.

With MW, I had to disbale the 10 day forcast. It used the CTestUIpluggin panel, which upon reboot or update of current conditions, my Q9h would crash.
  13. mphaley

mphaley New Member

Update...having some difficulties getting the application to retrieve data and update for the last few days. Had been working like a champ before that. Looks like changes at Accuweather might be the culprit, but waiting to hear more. If you're having similar problems, here's the thread at XDA:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=422445&page=55
  14. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Feather weather 2.14 update

The current link to accuweather server is bad.

Go to program files/feather weather and open Feather.mscr in notepad or something and look for link=ReadFile.

Replace it with

link=ReadFile("http://wwwa.accuweather.com/adcbin/forecastfox/weather_data.asp?location="&location&"&metric="&metric)

*the last 'me tric' in the above link should be one word. I don't know why it's showing up as two. Just make sure it's one word when you paste it in the mscr file. It's weird I've tried several times to edit it in the reply box but it still shows up as two words. Maybe it's some kind of EQ bug???
  15. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

I didn't actually get FeatherWeather to work but once I got .NET Compact Framework 3.5 installed my battery life went to nothing and my phone became unresponsive. Killing mortscript helped. I uninstalled FeatherWeather, rebooted and still got 'can not run FeatherWeather' errors. USCC Q9c 6.1
  16. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

That's weird that.net3.5 had that effect on your phone. NRG mini weather is a good alternative if you haven't tried it yet.
  17. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

.NET 3.5 got me past the error on FeatherWeather and got it to run well enough to stall my phone. I wasn't clear. It was mortscript that was draining the battery. I still have .NET 3.5 installed. Now I have to look for NRG.