Water dunked in phone, everything works except for the end button

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by hoopinmoni, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

I am sure there is my friend, I didn't look too hard, I just popped the back and saw nothing and went woo hoo. I am being silly, I am not that naive.

Yeah well, despite common sense that people should have compassion (customer service), I feel that's dead. Now a days no one gives a crap, they are too big to give a damn. Its unfortunate.
  2. hoopinmoni

hoopinmoni New Member

My cousin has magic hands or something. He picked up my phone and the screen showed that at&t symbol you see when the phone is turning on. I was like, did you turn my phone off or something? He was confused and was like, i just picked it up. The screen went black for a bit and he was like i think its dead. Then that white screen with the att graphic showed up so i knew it was turning on. I was confused. When it came to, i called my voicemail and then i hit end. Then i read something beautiful. "call ended." Its random, but it works now. I've tried it a few times. Go q.

Thanks for all the help/ideas fellas. And whatever the feminine version of fellas is.
  3. hoopinmoni

hoopinmoni New Member

Did you check behind on the battery?
  4. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I believe a "woo hoo" is in order.
    Woo Hoo!
  5. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

I am happy for you. Glad its working now. However, in case its a temporary solution, don't let your chance to replace it get away from you and then it breaks down too late to do anything about it.
  6. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Yes, I did and the usual serial number and IMEI numbers and stuff, nothing special.

I believe my friend Woo hoo is an order :thumbup: Thanks.
  7. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

"THE MAN" got away again!:thumbdown... for now... there's always a next time. <_<

But glad to see your phone works now. WOOHOO! :thumbup:
  8. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Don't worry my friend, another day another "MAN". Just wait and see :w00t:
  9. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Theres a sticker, or water mark, on EVERY phone, at least sold by AT&T. That way, when someone comes in saying their screen burnt out, their keys don't work, or some other odd story, you can check first if the water mark is red. If it is, then it means it was SUBMERGED in water, and voids the warranty. However, insurance will still cover it.
  10. mexiken

mexiken New Member

If someone CARED about the customer and their job, or was curious about why it was malfunctioning, then no, they wouldn't get past it, because you'd check it. I always did. Because if it wasn't that, often a hard reset would solve things....don't know how many times customers came into the store and had problems, and a hard reset would solve their problems....
  11. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Good for you. Weird how that works sometimes.
  12. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

I hear you man, I have done tech support for the 7 years of my IT career and pretty much the whole time after that but not in official capacity and I have seen some crazy stuff that have been fixed with a simple reboot. you are right.
  13. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

cool glad it worked out for you!