Water dunked in phone, everything works except for the end button

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by hoopinmoni, Apr 30, 2008.

1. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

No problem, always (almost) here to help...
  2. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Yeah I try the same, some days I am here and helping more than others but not always. I do however try to read the posts as often as I can. Life, keeps everyone pretty busy. Cheers.
  3. hoopinmoni

hoopinmoni New Member

Unfortunately, the power key is the one key that doesn't work. I'll give it another day or so before i try the master reset. I'll power it on and off a few times and all that.

Thanks for all the help guys. Don't know much about phones but if you guys have any nutrition/diet questions i'm here to help. Or car questions.
  4. cheri

cheri Active Member

ill take u up on nutrician lol

soooo what is your expertise in nutrician?
  5. hoopinmoni

hoopinmoni New Member

I don't have a degree in nutrition, but i'm just really into nutrition. Do you have any specific questions?
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

how do you turn it on if the power key doesnt work?
  7. igotaq

igotaq New Member

Just so you know. For q9h there is a Master Reset and Master Clear. You want to do a Master clear after you back up your data.. not master reset.

Master reset will only reset the settings on your phone. Master Clear will delete everything and bring the phone OS back to its original state.
  8. cheri

cheri Active Member

Not really anything specific. Where did your interesting in nutrician come from?
  9. hoopinmoni

hoopinmoni New Member

Luckily i don't have to turn my phone off very often. I've only made one call so far and i just took the battery out when the battery died. But when i do have to turn my phone off, i'm guessing the only thing i can do is take the battery out.
  10. hoopinmoni

hoopinmoni New Member

Just getting into fitness/exercising. The nutrition side of it is half, if not more, of seeing good results.
  11. cheri

cheri Active Member

what about a program like CT scheduler to schedule the phone to automatically shut off
  12. n99hockey

well yea...
    but my question was how do you turn it ON after its off if the power button doesnt work?
  13. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Does beer count as my grain/wheat/barley intake? Unsure
  14. cheri

cheri Active Member

I see and I was also figuring that any way. Dont get me started on working out that will push into a whole different thread lol. Soar glutes, hams, quads and lastly poor vastus medialis (sp?) **sighs**

I hear the arguement is 80 diet 20 exercise, that is just not the case in my world. Its more 60 exercise 40 diet.
  15. hoopinmoni

hoopinmoni New Member

The phone automatically turns on when i put the battery in. Is that abnormal?
  16. hoopinmoni

hoopinmoni New Member

I think it depends on the person. For me, its tied together so its about 50-50. Like, days i don't workout, i'm much more tempted to eat bad. But days i workout, not only does it take out 3 hours of food time, (2hrs workout + plus a protein shake after lifting) i also dont wanna waste a good day by eating bad.

But yea, maybe for beginners it might be 80 if they eat really bad. Unless a person is eating terrible, i'd put it lower. One thing that bothers me is the whole diet thing. People need to look at diet as in, food they eat. Not something you go on. Andi hate how people believe in those lose 7lbs in 2 days stuff.
  17. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Um... isn't there a 30 day return policy? You mentioned it's only been 2weeks. Why not try to return it and trade in for a new one? Take it to a store. Just don't tell them what you did. Unless they open up the phone, they won't know it was in water.

Just act cool :2cool: and try no to look guilty :gasp:..... :laugh2:
  18. n99hockey

i dont know if thats abnormal or not...
    but it doesnt do that on my Q1 with verizon...
  19. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I would say that it is abnormal. The button may be stuck registering that is has been pressed.
  20. hoopinmoni

hoopinmoni New Member

I hope this is the case. If this is true, it gives me hope that it can be fixed. Unless its a short or something. Right now, i'm planning on waiting til tuesday to talk to that guy and see what he says.