Watching iTunes rentals on WP7?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by SaiSpag, Oct 7, 2011.

1. SaiSpag

SaiSpag New Member

I downloaded the Orange free movie on Thursday and it is an iTunes rental, I thought I would be able to move it to my WP7 (HTC Titan) but I can't find a way, is it possible?

Cheers
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

Perhaps if you purchased it, stripped the DRM from it, and THEN moved it to the WP7 device it could work, but I doubt an iTunes rental will work on WP7
  3. SaiSpag

SaiSpag New Member

That sucks, I get a free movie rental every week and I can't even watch it on my phone? How stupid...
  4. n99hockey

Well, I like to consider iTunes proprietary to Apple, so I by pass them all together when downloading Music or Movies.
  5. SaiSpag

SaiSpag New Member

Yeah me too, but Orange (UK Carrier) offer a free movie every thursday to their customers, I thought it was for everyone but aparently as the movie is distributed as a rental through iTunes I can't sync it across to my Titan.

Still can't find a way, just want to watch a movie dammit...
  6. Gonzalo

Gonzalo Member

I big wish list for me was to be able to load my WP with digital movies that are included in Blu-Ray movies.
  7. n99hockey

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do that, you can download them in WMP format.
  8. Gonzalo

Gonzalo Member

That's what I thought too. But apparently even in WMP format, it cannot be synced to either my Zune or WP. Since I have an iPad, I've used the iTunes version instead.

What I also learned, if you use the WMP version, you cant transfer it to another computer in case you buy a new computer. You can with the iTunes version because it's tied in with your Apple account.

Hopefully this retriction changes in the near future. Would love to load up my Zune or WP with my digital movie collection.