Washed H700

Discussion in 'Bluetooth' started by piranah, Nov 27, 2007.

1. piranah

piranah New Member

Washed H700 and Insignia Bluetooth headphone review

I was out about the town weekend before last and had my bluetooth with me. Well during the football game i was at, i took my h700 headset off and put it in my pocket. Well as many tailgaters know, it was a looonnnggg day..
    finally got home the next morning, threw my clothes in the wash and started her up....well after said clothes were finished being washed and dried, during folding, i noticed that my headset had been washed...laid it out on the table for a couple days, plugged it into the charger, and it actually charged. attempted to use with Q, and what do you know, it still works...too bad i figured i had ruined the headset for good and bought this
    i will write a review in the next couple days..
  2. Richard713

Richard713 New Member

yeah i did that with my plantronics bt i thought it was gone for sure then i plugged it to charge and it charged and it connected i was so happy it worked....:laugh2:
  3. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

I'll be looking forward to that review. My wife uses her ht820 but doesn't like the size. SOmething a bit smaller would probably suit her nicely. And these look do look smaller.
  4. piranah

piranah New Member

Well, as a general overview:
    They fit really well. you can "adjust" the placement on your head without loosing sound quality, unlike the s9s i tried. The look is ok, if you dont mind the princess leah look, but its not bad..lol.. I can wear them while working out and I dont really even notice them, they dont bounce around and actually, even after working up a sweat, they didnt slip off or become uncomfortable... i must say its a lot easier to set up a playlist and have it play than messing with cords while working out..

incoming calls come in perfect, clear and works flawlessly, several people could not tell till i asked them. Its kinda weird having the sound come in on both ears, but it allows you to hear the person you are talking to a lot better than a single ear bluetooth. I hardly ever use voice recognition, as i find it faster to call the number by just picking up the phone, but im sure it works just fine with this headset.

I got these mainly for working out and for when im at school and work. The out of the box volume was not loud enough for me, i think mainly because its over the ear instead of an earbud style. But after doing the bluetooth volume hacks, i can take these off my head and use them as speakers...lol...i work at a car wash with pressure washers all around me and i can not turn the volume all the way up before its too loud and i damage my hearing. so if you get these, do the hack.

There is one main problem that i can not find a solution for. the volume buttons work great, and give a beep when the volume is all the way up, however; the next track buttons do not work at all. I tried to call the company, but all i got was somebody in Manila (big surprise) who said i need to take them back to the store. So im still looking on how to get this to work.. The first pair of these i had "broke" after the first week. when i would turn them on, the blue light would go on, then it would switch rapidly back and forth from red to blue...I took them back to Best Buy, and they exchanged them, no questions. I think the break down might have been my fault tho, as its about 3 degrees here at night and i left them in my car overnight..whoops..

Range is awesome. I can get about the manufactures quoted distance of 30 feet. I can leave them in our break room at work and go wash a car, and the sound will travel through the brick wall perfectly, so its a strong signal, but depends where you are, busier areas you get a little interference, but nothing to complain about.

Any questions, feel free to ask..
  5. milamaxxx

milamaxxx New Member

I washed my Motorola HT820 headset yesterday. It was inside its cloth case. It lit up when I charged it, but no luck getting it to work, so far. I hope I didn't drown it : ( I'll keep giving it CPR.
  6. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

My HS850 took a swim in the toilet and I'm not proud to say I still use it.
  7. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

why was you head in the toilet to begin with?

haven't had much luck with BT, however my Q has taken several coffee breaks and still functions...sorta :)
  8. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

9. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

oh, im sorry * hands towel and dignity back *
  10. cheri

cheri Active Member

It was raining really hard when I got home yesterday. I had a bunch of stuff in my truck and was running back and forth. My poor bamboo color dickie scrubs were soaked so I threw them in the wash. Low and behold I washed my moto bluetooth H something or other. It still works and I am glad I did not send it thru the dryer.

This is my third replacement and I would love to have some like pirahnas. But alas this one is still working lol.
  11. Stefen10

Stefen10 New Member

I am looking forward to your review....