Warning Trojans!!

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by shrekfx, Dec 6, 2008.

1. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Works great now. I even have IE7. didnt know it was out. Guess my kid can keep the gift now.
  2. sherri

sherri Active Member

Glad I could help! IE 7 has been out for a while. I like the tabbed browsing better than IE 6.
  3. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

It is nice, I might have to use it more. I did have a heck of time getting active sync going. All is good now.
  4. zelendel

zelendel Member

After your done try out the IE 8 Beta. I am a firefox guy my self but I tried it and not bad for IE.
  5. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

I'll give another warning, don't even search for "Trojan.zlob.g".
    There's a few sites that give the pop-up and even when closed with the "X" takes you to the "anti-spyware" site where it's starts running a fake scan.

It does appear to be pretty nasty, Norton says it's a low risk but lots of posts agree with you that it dosn't get picked up by any AV.
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

It was a pain in the a**. Every 10 seconds i got a fake security warning. It also disable the task manager so you couldnt shot it down.
  7. shrekfx

shrekfx New Member

yup crashed mine. norton probly made it.
  8. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Made what???????
  9. ptsergent

ptsergent New Member

got this virus couple months ago used restore disk that came with pc here. hope everyone that had this problem made boot disks as soon as they got pc's up and running again.
  10. Weathernut

Weathernut New Member

sounds like you got an infection of the smithfraud virus. There have been several new variants of this bugger. It indeed originally come out in 05 but several new version s have come out since then. You might try searching for smithfraud fix and running it in safe mode.
    I am looking at a customers pc right now with a variant of this exact bug and it is one that I have not yet seen. So I am having fun to see if I can kill it. And even if I can, I will probably suggest wiping it anyway due to the fact that you can't beat a clean machine.
    Oh one thing... make sure you turn OFF your system restore feature!!! This virus puts a copy of itself in there and will continue to infect your machine over and over and over....
    its an ugly one, but not impossible to fix!
  11. shrekfx

shrekfx New Member

not imossible at all. just reformat and our done.
  12. Weathernut

Weathernut New Member

indeed. that would certainly give you the cleanest of options!!!
  13. shrekfx

shrekfx New Member

Yup, and if you're like me, you format your back up drive instead of the primary and then reformat your primary and then get things going and format your backup drive and start all over again.. (just did that today :angry:)