Warning about Dashwire

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Mobile Auto Repair, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Mobile Auto Repair

Mobile Auto Repair New Member

Warning about Dashwire

I have used Dashwire and on my PC I ran an anti-spyware software yesterday and found two trojans that were downloaded from Dashwire to my PC.

I do not advise anyone to be using Dashwire.

Here is a link to the site that has the anti-spyware. They even have a free edition and that is the one that found the problems. None of my other anti-spywares saw the problem.

http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispyware.html
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

since when did dashwire have a PC Component? I've never had any problems with dashwire
  3. Mobile Auto Repair

It itself is not downloaded to my PC but something from them did and that angers me.
  4. Mobile Auto Repair

Just checked my Programs file in the Add/Delete Program folder and Dashwire has something loaded into it. No details available.
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

you have to wonder, why its free. store all your contacts remotely......
  6. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I don't see anything from dashwire in my add/ remove programs list
  7. ptsergent

ptsergent New Member

a free spyware program finding trojans? they always tell u that they just want u to buy them. I wouldn't suggest anyone clicking on that link to the free spyware u will end up with some spyware on your computer. dashwire is viewable in ie never had it download abything to my computer. if I were u I would get norton now to remove what that free spyware program put on your computer.
  8. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

well said, never trust the only program that will "detect" something. if it's there it should bee detectable by multiple apps
  9. Mobile Auto Repair

I do have Norton and several other measures of security. I am a firm believer that there is no such thing as too-much-protection.
  10. Mobile Auto Repair

The Trojan was Dropper/Gen. It did come from Dashwire and was loaded on my PC.

I have removed what ever the app was that Dashwire downloaded and removed both Trojans that it put in my PC.

On all others finding this I have a question. Why is it that Norton and Macaphee, whom are some of the top antivirus and firewall programs, that each one can find things and has the fix well before the other does?
  11. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

too much protection is when your security apps make you susupect harmless apps. or when you have more than one of a particular type of security app installed. sometimes that can cause conflicts
  12. Mobile Auto Repair

You are correct, that is why I chose carefully. I have tried some in the past and found that very problem.

And as someone earlier stated Dashwire should not have downloaded anything on to my PC in the first place, yet it had.
  13. sherri

sherri Active Member

Has anyone posted their concerns to Dashwire? In the past, their support has been very good. I am not near a pc to check it out...
  14. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

no dashwire apps listed in my add/remove programs menu...
  15. Mobile Auto Repair

No I have not. With the problems I found I won't go near their website. They have burned me once, it won't happen again.
  16. n99hockey

i just send an email to one of there developers that i have been in contact with and gave him this link so he can address and/or clarify anything has has happened
  17. sherri

sherri Active Member

Scott, I'm sitting in Tampa on Richard's laptop. I have never "installed" Dashwire to this pc. I just entered the url in the address bar, and my "dashboard" came up. Why would this show up as and add/remove program? Did I inadvertently install something? I don't think they have installed any trojans or viruses...

Mobile Auto Repair, what exactly was put on the pc? Are you sure it was Dashwire? I didn't think you needed to "install" Dashwire. It is just a web page with your information stored on their servers...I don't have any "personal" stuff on there (everything is set to private...)
  18. n99hockey

there is no PC app to install so im not sure how he got something on there
    like i said in my previous post i sent an email to a contact over at dashwire to see what is up

if you load the url the dashboard will come up thats it...there phone based and web based not PC stuff
  19. sherri

sherri Active Member

That's what I thought...Thanks, Scott!
  20. n99hockey

no problemo!!!

ill post back if i hear anything via email