Wanted to give a little back (DNS Hack)

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by av8r1993, Apr 18, 2008.

1. av8r1993

av8r1993 New Member

Wanted to give a little back (DNS Hack)

I don't know how many of you have noticed this, but I've noticed that the DNS speed hack (which is great) doesn't stick even if you don't turn off your phone and restart it. Let me elaborate. The hack that allows you to use the faster DNS servers only stays in the registry for a limited amount of time. For example, if I go into the registry and change the DNS settings (as described in numerous other posts) they will only stay that way for maybe 1 or 2 internet explorer sessions and will then revert to the factory settings even though I have not turned off my phone. Even if you use the SetOpenDNS program to change the registry settings for you, you still get the same problem. So I decided to try and remedy this situation and actually found what seems to be a pretty simple solution. I created a shortcut for the SetOpenDNS program (that I got from Big-D's apps page) and placed it in the \windows\startup directory. So, now not only do I not have to ever run the program manually again, but it seems that if it runs at start-up, the settings stick for the entire time without reverting to the original factory settings at all. Now, I have a Q9c, but I would think that this will work for all Q's. I hope this will be of help to many of you and again, I just wanted to give something back to those that have given me so much help and ideas.
  2. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

yes ive known that for a while .. but thanx for the info it will prolly help other users