Wallpaper Size?

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by dreamsattack, Feb 5, 2009.

1. dreamsattack

dreamsattack New Member

Wallpaper Size?

so, i'm pretty new to changing/editing the homescreens on the Q, but i've got most of it figured out (facade and phonealarm). the one problem i have is an issue with wallpapers.

http://smartphone.krisdoff.net/portfolio.php?g=3

i'm using the "x reloaded" layout, but not really fond of the background image (i'm not worried about the schedule part or the bottom bar, the top bar is colored without the background image). whenever i change it, it's like the wallpaper is too short and doesn't fill the entire screen, leaving a bit of a white gap between the phonealarm and the wallpaper. i've tried 320x213 and 320x240, neither fill the screen. there a few default wallpapers that do infact fit the whole screen but i can't access them through exploring the files to see what size they are. i'm assuming it's possibly larger than 240 but i'm not sure what size to try.

any help is greatly appreciated. thank you! :]
  2. dreamsattack

dreamsattack New Member

never mind! :] found it myself. had to change the image in the .xml file and put it in the folder, with the background set to default. whoopsy. :p
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

welcome aboard..

glad we could help.
  4. Prosper

Prosper New Member

gr8 one rb :laugh2:
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

:} how are you my German friend ?
  6. dreamsattack

dreamsattack New Member

another quick question if someone could help -- about the same layout. whenever i edit the .xml file to change the softkey color or the color of the text (carrier, date, time) nothing changes when i replace the file and reload the homescreen or even restart the phone. is there a way to do this? when i tried changing the color scheme from default, it changed the background image as well. :\
  7. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

changing th color scheme from default should not effect the background. something else is going on here.
    1. Are you using facade?
    2. open the homescreen settings, click where the HS name is listed. How many times is the one you want listed?
  8. dreamsattack

dreamsattack New Member

yes, i am using facade along with phonealarm. the homescreen is listed once.
  9. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

What may be happening is, facade puts a temp HS file in the home folder. You may be stuck in it. What I do id, open file manager, go to the application/data/home folder. Unhide hidden folders. look for something that says something like facade.temp......xml and delete it. then go to the homescreen option in the settings menu and try to load the one you want. Make sure everything is set to default.If it isnt there, something is wrong with the xml file.