Wakeup Lag

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by comptiger5000, Jan 24, 2008.

1. comptiger5000

comptiger5000 New Member

Wakeup Lag

On my Q9m, occasionally it will take an unusually long (2 minute or so) time for the screen to wake up when the phone has been idle for a while. This only happenes when the phone is locked. If the phone is unlocked (for example, when charging) it is fine and never does this. Any ideas?
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

<bump>

what did your search results come up with?
  3. comptiger5000

comptiger5000 New Member

Not a lot, other than suggestions of a master reset. Basically, I'm wondering if there is anything known to cause this problem.
  4. cornelious2

cornelious2 New Member

This may or may not solve your issue, but I noticed what seemed to be a memory leak with the q9m. basically even though I would do kill all on the task manager then menu exit out of it, every half hour to an hour it would be using about .2 meg more memory in its idle state. The only solution I have found is that when it hits 30 megs with no software running (no wireless sync or any of that stuff) is to take out the battery (soft reset) since I started doing that, I have had much better signal, response time, and battery life. Hopefully they will send an update to fix it sometime.
  5. comptiger5000

comptiger5000 New Member

I have noticed the same, as well as the fact that it runs better after the battery has been out than after a straight reboot. However, the ram usage doesn't climb much above 30 idle on mine, and as long as the last reboot was a battery pull, it's mostly ok. Very interesting.
  6. cornelious2

cornelious2 New Member

Ya, my work phone is a BB pearl, and the only way to get it to really turn off is to pull the batter, otherwise it puts the phone into a "sleep" state so it instantly turns back on. I think the WM phones have a similar process. Hopefully the manufacturers will realize that when a user wants to turn a phone off, that doesn't mean sleep.
  7. comptiger5000

comptiger5000 New Member

No the Q does actually shut off from the power button, however, a battery pull (even if already off) just seems more effective.