Waiting to hear if SDHC cab works for Moto Q

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by GaryFlynn, Oct 9, 2007.

1. blazinazn

blazinazn New Member

what did you use to transfer the file over? If you use active sync just copy it over via active sync and then run the .cab file on the Q

Should install
  2. akgoulds

akgoulds New Member

ok...so I stopped being a complete freakin idiot and just downloaded the damn file VIA the Q...man, the 20th century technology is gonna kill me!:tounge:
  3. dj01

dj01 New Member

Another complete idiot

Has anyone seen a problem similar to this:
    I installed the SDHC .cab file, then installed a 4GB Kingston SDHC card. The properties on the card show 911MB; however, I now have over 960MB of audio books and music on the card.

I reinstalled my old 2GB standard SDHC and it displays 946MB in the properties but also stores the same 960MB of audio books and music.
    I am wondering if, as I fill the card with more files, it will actually store the full 4GB (or 2GB, dependent on card) even though the properites only show the 9??MB.
  4. teuton

teuton Member

Q with SDHC.cab and 8 GB mini SDHC

Hi everybody...
    First of all, this is my first post, so please accept my apologies if I do something wrong.-
    Second, my native language is spanish, so I also apologize for any mistakes in my writing.-
    I have a Q (I believe the original one) and I installed the SDHC.cab file on it. It worked just fine with a 4 GB Toshiba mini SDHC card showing 3.73 GB capacity in the memory manager. After I filled the card with files (mostly mp3's), I realized that I needed even more capacity.- As the SDHC.cab worked with the 4 GB mini SDHC, I thought that it would also with any other HC card and bought a Patriot 8 GB mini SDHC... It did not!
    The Q reads the card, but shows a capacity of only 3.63 Gb.- I tried installing the .cab file on the card and on the Q itself, but there was no difference.-
    What could have happened? Is there anything I can do to make the 8 GB card work? Any help will be highly appreciated, thanks in advance...
  5. dj01

dj01 New Member

8gb sdhc card

Teuton,

I did not try going above 4gb. I don't remember where I read it but wherever it was, the indication was that the 4gb was the max. for that .cab file.

dj01

6. AgMotoQ

AgMotoQ New Member

Hi all, this is my first post, I just registered a minute ago. I want to give you guys some info on the SDHC.CAB file. Well I used it one of my black Qs and it worked well with my 4GB sdhc microsd so I took a chance and ordered an 8GB A Data sdhc class4 from supermedia ($41) 4 days ago. It came in today and it work without a problem. I transfered 1.8GB from the old card over and played music, movies and games just fine. The memory manager shows 7.60GB of storage. I also loaded the cab on my first gen silver q and it still worked. Thank you to whoever posted the sdhc.cab file. It's nice to have so much memory. So I can confirm that the sdhc.cab will allow you to go up to 8GB. There are no 16gb microsd available yet I think but I have been pondering the thought of getting a SD to microsd adapter and trying if my 16gb sdhc class6 card in my panasonic hdc-sd5 will work with the Q. Anyways maybe someone here will beat me to it.

Oh I wanted to clarify that I used an 8GB microsd card with a minisd adapter.
  7. cindra

cindra Active Member

Welcome to Everything Q! :smile:
  8. dmoralesf

dmoralesf New Member

this really helps, thanks alot!
  9. dmoralesf

dmoralesf New Member

i got exactly the same problem. does anyone have an answer for this???
  10. BCZRX

BCZRX New Member

Hey AgMoto, can you tell me where you downloaded the SDHC.Cab file from? I have one, but I want to install the 8 gig and want it to be the same software.
  11. teuton

teuton Member

Hi cindra...
    Could you please be so kind and let me know where you downloaded your SDHC.cab file from? It could be that it's not the same as the one I have and I would like to try it out... Regards...
  12. teuton

teuton Member

Cindra, this was supposed to be for AgMotoQ, I made a mistake... Sorry...
  13. teuton

teuton Member

Hi, AgMotoQ...
    Could you please be so kind and let me know where you downloaded your SDHC.cab file from? It could be that it's not the same as the one I have and I would like to try it out... Regards...
  14. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

here
    http://mq.roeiboot.com/apps/
  15. teuton

teuton Member

16. teuton

teuton Member

It's the same as the one I already have.- Does not work on
    my silver Q, it only reads 3.63 GB of the 8 GB card...
    There must be a way to make this work....
    Anyway, thank you again...
  17. k_semler

k_semler New Member

I'm in the same situation here with my Moto Q9h.
  18. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

the Q9 shouldn't need this file. It was only the Q1 with the 2Gig limit.

could be a bad adapter(if using one)
    bad card (check in other devices)
    a missadvertised card a.k.a. Ebay special

I'm running a 4gig card with no issues on my Q1 with that file.
  19. k_semler

k_semler New Member

Oh. :smile: So I basically installed Win32s on Windows 95? Oops. :laugh2: No wonder why it doesn't see the true size of the card. I transfered 2.5GB of music to it with WMP, and when I viewed it through Windows Explorer, it said only 43MB out of 3.62GB were used, and according to the phone, it is a 3.62GB card, with 1.37GB of space used, and 1.63 GB free. So how do I go about removing SDHC.cab from my installation without doing a factory reset? I could do a factory reset as I have everything backed up, but I don't want to waste 3 hours re-installing and reconfiguring everything again.

EDIT: If I unregister the following libraries: sdmemory.dll, sdbus.dll, and sdhc.dll, will I restore it to previous configuration?
  20. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

should be listed in start ) settings ) remove programs