Waiting to hear if SDHC cab works for Moto Q

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by GaryFlynn, Oct 9, 2007.

1. GaryFlynn

GaryFlynn New Member

Waiting to hear if SDHC cab works for Moto Q

http://www.qusers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=74756&sid=2ca5a7d8978b280b8dc7fffed345adaf

It seems there is a cab file that will put the necessary dlls onto an original moto q so that it can read sdhc mini-sd cards, including 4gig cards.

If anyone has tried to use the cab file and finds it working, please let me know, or if anyone is able to, by looking at the dlls rule out the possibility of it working on a sprint q, let me know that too.

Thanks
  2. jc1

jc1 New Member

Worked just fine for me. My new 4gb SDHC Kingston card didnt work till I installed that cab file.
  3. quint

quint New Member

Yup, same here. Card Storage space showed as "Unknown" untill I added the .cab. Worked awesome. 4 gigs of fun to be had!
  4. GldnBear

GldnBear New Member

I was looking at the Kingston site. They have 4GB cards that are Class 2 (2 MB/s), 4 (4 MB/s), or 6 (6 MB/s). The class rating is for transfer rate. I believe there was some mention in previous threads about speed of the card. Does anyone know if all of these cards work or just certain classes?
  5. beargibs

beargibs New Member

Ebay 4gb mini sd card?

Ive seen a 4gb mini sd card that supposedly works with the moto q without any modifications on Ebay for a long time. I dont recall the brand off-hand or the type of card (SDHC, etc but I do remember it wasnt a "new" technology card, it was just formatted correctly for the q). Does anyone know if that card actually works with the moto q o has anyone seen the ad? In the ad description, its specifically mentions the moto q and that it will work, even though the Q specs says the limit is 2gb.
  6. GldnBear

GldnBear New Member

Just got my Kingston 4GB SDHC card (4 MB/s). I ran the cab file and installed the card. Now I have 3.78 GB available.
  7. N7AS

N7AS Member

After installing the CAB, does your Q still recognize the standard card?
  8. GldnBear

GldnBear New Member

My old 2GB still worked. You should be able to install the cab and still use your existing card.
  9. ziggie216

ziggie216 New Member

it works. i'm using 4gb right now
  10. norkoastal

norkoastal New Member

I believe the more appropriate queestions is how is the Q accessing data and streaming movies and what not off of the card.. This is where the earlier cards seemed to fail or not live up to expectations.. Can I use this card like my 2 gig and be assured I wont lose data?
  11. GldnBear

GldnBear New Member

I've only had the card for one day, but so far I am able to stream movies and play mp3s from the card (main reason I bought the card). I haven't noticed any degradation in video playback. I also store cache for my browser and e-mails on the card. I have not had any issues so far, but will see over the next few weeks.
  12. webcrush

webcrush New Member

I've been running an SDHC 4gb card for almost two months now without a hitch. GPS, movies, music, etc--all work great.
  13. akgoulds

akgoulds New Member

Old(er) post, new user

Can anyone tell me where to get this file? I just got my Q this week, and so far I've tried to install a 2gb mini card and a 4gb micro card with the adapter...no joy on either one.:frown:
  14. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

15. akgoulds

akgoulds New Member

Ok...I found that and saved it to my computer...how do I get the zipped file to the Q!
  16. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

active sync...copy and paste
  17. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

if its a .cab file do not unzip it, transfer like it is then select it from Q to install
  18. blazinazn

blazinazn New Member

so if i installed this cab file, theoretically I could use larger than a 4gb card, correct?

I've been using a 4GB non HC (high capacity) for 4-5 months now.

Just wondering if this will work for 8GB SDHC cards that are on the market now.
  19. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

some have, some haven't. Haven't seen a pattern as to what brands work.
  20. akgoulds

akgoulds New Member

tried several times to transfer the file to the Q via windows file manager...that's not working...what simple step am I screwing up?