VZW Wireless Sync?

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless' started by ryant35, Jan 15, 2008.

1. ryant35

ryant35 Member

VZW Wireless Sync?

I was cleaning out my start menu and I accidently deleted the short cut under windows/start menu folder.

I think it was wirelesssync.ink or something similar. Can someone send me this file from their phone? Or at least verify the exact file name so I can google for it. I can't even access the sync settings to turn it off. Now every few minutes I get an email from Verizon sync and it's driving me nuts!

Thanks.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

go to the wireless sync folder on the Q and create a new shortcut and then move it back to the start menu folder
  3. ryant35

ryant35 Member

That makes sense, but I can't find the wireless sync folder...
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i think the exe file is clientshell.exe
    if that helps
  5. ryant35

ryant35 Member

I found the file and created a shortcut. I moved it to the start menu folder, and did a soft reset.

The shortcut still doesn't work, as I don't think I got the correct name for the shortcut.
  6. jacobburke

jacobburke New Member

I did that when I first got my Q, had to master reset to get the link back.
  7. lexicon

lexicon New Member

you won't need to master reset in order to get it back. you'll just need to find the original file. All the files in the start menu are merely shortcuts and can always be replaced/substituted/deleted...etc. Go into your windows folder and enable view hidden files and system files. If you can't remember the name then look for the icon. If you can't remember that then you'll need to tell us what was it's function - if you can't remember it's function then I can't help but think that you don't really need that file; seeing as how's it's been gone and you haven't really missed out on it's functionality. the more info you can give the more people can help. What did it do, what did the icon look like; what order was it in on the page? Different carriers sometimes put on different apps, try seeing if you can borrow a phone and find the icon - heck go into a store and see... Good luck and keep us updated.
  8. ryant35

ryant35 Member

I found the original program, and created a new shortcut. The problem is the name of the shortcut is not the same as the program's exe file. So it works, but the symbol & shortcut on my desktop do not work. All I need now is the full name of the shortcut in the windows/start menu/ folder.

is has something to do with VZW wireless & sync.ink
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you mean Wireless Sync.lnk ?
  10. ryant35

ryant35 Member

Thats it! Thanks! I didn't even have to soft reset.
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

no problemo sir...