VZW Wireless Sync - Questions

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by sbagdan, Jun 23, 2006.

1. sbagdan

sbagdan New Member

VZW Wireless Sync - Questions

I have a few questions about this (since I started with it 24 hours ago)

Anyone Know if you can tell it Not to sync certain folders in olutlook?

How about installing software? They say "not to activesync" anymore? how do we install software?
  2. mcmikey420

mcmikey420 New Member

you can use active sync to choose what flders to sync through the cable i have found it is easier to just right click the recycle bin and choose explore and choose ur phone then drag and drop any files you want on the q and windows will automatically transfer the files for you
  3. jerryjr

jerryjr New Member

You can still use ActiveSync, just make sure not to select anything to actually 'sync'. Uncheck all the boxes, that way you dont get duplication. That way you can transfer files and install software.
  4. duc748bip

duc748bip New Member

With some trial and error I manage to sync with my exchange office mail through vzw wireless, and contact with activsync at home. There are some option you can check and uncheck on the vzw website. just remember with " trial and error" backup first.
  5. sbagdan

sbagdan New Member

I think I got it working properly, and it is GREAt. Blows BB out the water. If you were a BIS user, this let's you TRULEY sync with your desktop! Thank you to all for assistance.
  6. hnsimpson

hnsimpson New Member

I use both Wireless- and Active- Sync in order to keep my contacts and calender on my computer, Q, and vzw site up to date. It works pretty well, but coming from a Blackberry I just don't trust it yet.

-Simpson