VzW Q9c crap... lockup issue anyone?

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless' started by Diver, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Diver

Diver New Member

VzW Q9c crap... lockup issue anyone?

ok, so I own the Black Q, I went to upgrade to the 9c, got it in the mail, spent all day xfering contacts and by COB that day, the phone locked up.
    I power it down, restart it and it doesn't make it past the windows Mobile splash screen. Tried a bunch of different ways to restart phone ans still no luck.
    SO I call, complain, the over night a new one. I get it yesterday to only have the same problem happen again. Locked up late last night, and back to square one. I really like the Q overall, but if the new version sucks this bad, I will go back and wait for a better phone to come out (not happy with current versions or touch screens).

Any advice or suggestions? Please let me know asap. As I have 1 day left before I can call again, before I am forced to pay an activation fee on a phone I wont keep. :frown:
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

welcome aboard..

sucks man, that is serious bad luck... i got my new Q9c about a month ago and it's been going strong ever since, give it a third chance.. that's a charm according to the saying..
  3. Diver

Diver New Member

In case anybody is interested--I plugged the charger into the phone(it was plugged in the whole time anyway)and pushed the "square" center button & the red power button at the same time and GREEN letters came onto the screen asking if I want to reset--yes or no--I pushed yes and the letters stated "this will take up to one minute" and now it boots up and all the defaults are back--it DID delete my contacts and a few apps that I downloaded but you CAN do a hard reset--at least on Verizon's Q

so should I still get it replaced or is this lockup thing a common issue with the 9c?
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i would get it replaced... locking up is not common in my eyes.
  5. smiles2322

smiles2322 New Member

Verizon told me this phone (Q9C) is famous for locking up. It's much better than the original Q, but still buggy. The do replace it if it has too much of a bad history. My phone has locked up several times. It eats batteries.
  6. Diver

Diver New Member

pfft, I have since returned my POS Q9C and went with the Blackberry
    curve and love it. Motorola and WinMobile can bite it!:angry:
  7. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

after having my Q9c for over a year I haven't had any lockups unless they were caused by an app that I installed. as long as you keep the temporary and junk files under controll it will run well
  8. smiles2322

smiles2322 New Member

I have had mine since August and it still locks up from time to time even though I keep it clean I have had to have the battery replaced 3 times. Though it does freeze on me from time to time, I love it still.