VZW 6.1 WM6.1 available.

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by DslLmi, Jan 7, 2009.

1. DslLmi

DslLmi New Member

VZW 6.1 WM6.1 available.

There are so many different posts about this subject... So I thought I would start one that can make life easier...

Please tell me step by step what I need to do to take my
    Motorola Q9m from windows mobile 6 standard. To 6.1

Also what is the befits to doing the upgrade? I am getting all confused with all the different posts that are in all the different areas of this site!

Sorry if it seems like I cant search.. But people say do this then that.. I just want to make sutre I dont brick my phone...

Thanks again for all the help!
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

3. DslLmi

DslLmi New Member

I download the RSD and installed it I still dont know where to get the rom... That is why I was asking for a step by step on how to do the install so people like me dont have to keep searching all over... Also what are the pros to doing the upgrade and the cons?
  4. n99hockey

all the info is there (in a link to the thread i gave you)
    http://www.everythingq.com/forum/mo...w-up-wm6-1-available-26280-61.html#post270563
  5. DslLmi

DslLmi New Member

One last thing is it that much better?
  6. n99hockey

it has a few more gadgets but nothing you really cant find 3rd party apps for in wm6
  7. jones20992

jones20992 New Member

omg this just goes in loops

is it me or is this just maddening
  8. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

is what just maddening?
  9. jones20992

jones20992 New Member

it just seems like a loop you find a neverending thread that points to several other threads and websites someone asks for straightforward directions with direct download links and they get sent back to the neverending thread that is 12 percent information and 88 percent stroking eachothers ego's this is the same exact problem that has hindered the progress of desktop linux and several other tech related hobbys is because noobs are required to read 101 pages of pissing contest to get 1 fact all he wanted was a tutoral and direct links to proven goods something that would make a good sticky
  10. abreeden

abreeden New Member

i cant confirm this, as i have already upgraded my M to a C 6.1 months ago and moved on, but a friend of mine who works at a verizon store in indi insists you can just go into the store and get the upgrade from them. i'd back everyhting up b4 hand, but she seemed very adamant they were doing the upgrade for the M's there. worth a shot. hope this helps
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

we have stickies, we have a faq's... yet what's in the stickies and faq's keeps coming up in questions.

Scott's link contains the download location AND the how-to, what else do you need ?