VZW 6.1 Follow-Up - WM6.1 available.

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Brent372, Aug 27, 2008.

1. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

2. hellachopper

hellachopper New Member

Thanks, since i have the q9m will the download for that be 6.1? or do i have to download the q9c one?
  3. jasoraso

jasoraso Member

I don't believe Motorola/Verizon have released a 6.1 update for the Q9m (a few months ago there were reports of a version in testing, but it has never surfaced). You will need to find the Verizon Q9c 6.1 update ROM and use RDSLite to manually update the Q9m. Do a few searches on here and you will find links to all the files you need. The ROM is hosted at motomoddinguk.info or something like that. Most people had the greatest success when they followed the steps at that site: 1 - install updated Drivers, 2 -install RDSLite, 3 - update the phone with the ROM.
  4. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

If you aren't into all the Glitz and bling of the multimedia "stuff" you can indeed run the flash below. It works just fine. Go for it !!:smile:
  5. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Oh yeah - If they ever release one for the "m" it would most certainly have all the multimedia stuff, but if you don't care about that, go for it, below. :smile:
  6. GilmourD

GilmourD New Member

I've got the same problem after restoring from Sprite. Have you figured it out on your phone, yet?
  7. Miata492

Miata492 New Member

you probably need to do a hard reset and then reinstall everything without sprite - a fresh clean install. any hacks or system changes you may have had in 6.0 might not all work in 6.1 the right way. that is all i can think of.
  8. GilmourD

GilmourD New Member

No hacks or system changes at all. The keyboard locking issue is the ONLY thing that's not working right, so I'd rather fix it than wipe out the entire system.

Is it possibly something in the registry?
  9. Boycan

Boycan New Member

If you have no hacks or system changes what are you afraid your going to lose?
  10. GilmourD

GilmourD New Member

My contacts and calendar. I'm getting married in a week and there's lots of stuff to keep track of. Also, for some reason, every time I've synced to my computer in the past couple months, it wipes out my calendar, so I set it to not sync my calendar. It's not a huge deal.

Funny thing... I just went to the Start menu and tried to run Keypad Lock. That doesn't work, either.
  11. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

Just copy the "pim.vol" file from the root of your phone.

That will backup your contacts and your calendar.
  12. GilmourD

GilmourD New Member

Well, if that's that, then I'm good. Worse comes to worse I still have it backed up with Sprite. I'm going to see what happens, now. I'll let you know.
  13. GilmourD

GilmourD New Member

OK... And then how do I restore? LOL
  14. cockneyyardie909

cockneyyardie909 New Member

you guys have me so confused

Being quite an intelligent person, I can't believe I am this confused:angry:. First, I have never been able to find anything about the Q on your website http://www.scottschrob.com Nothing but your design work. Secondly i am a complete loss for how to do this Wm 6.1 upgrade, I think in part because there is so much other info pertaining to Q9c, alltel, etc,etc. I have RSD lite. I have RAR. I used VZW Q9m. Help!

Thanks
  15. cockneyyardie909

Flash file

I must have read through this thread alone 3 times. Where and what is the flash file?? U guys have me feeling like an idiot.
  16. cockneyyardie909

flash. is this wrong

I downloaded S11HT_firm_emobile_V2_6_881_0_JPN. It looks like some kind of arabic so I haven't installed it. (or I think you all keep saying flashed it)
  17. cindra

cindra Active Member

Hi! Welcome to the forum. :smile: I've just walked into this thread and have not been following so I don't think I can answer all your questions, but the website you want is http://www.scottschrob.com/Q/apps.htm
    That's a start! Hopefully someone else can come by and assist you more.
  18. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

1. you quoted my post which says 'its not on my site'
    2. that is my portfolio page...if you see my signature you will see a link 'my apps page' www.scottschrob.com/q/apps.htm
  19. cockneyyardie909

thanks for the apps link

Thanks. Got your apps page fine. I am still at a loss for where to find the correct 6.1 ROM file. I have RSDlite4.2, yet to attempt the 'flash' process.
    I have already master reset. Thanks for your patience. I gotta get my right arm (Q9m) from brick to lifeline soon.
  20. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member