VZW 6.1 Follow-Up - WM6.1 available.

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Brent372, Aug 27, 2008.

1. vermsky

vermsky New Member

Those are the available monster files from motorola. You need rsd lite to flash them into your phone.

@manbat,

WTF are you talking about those files not being monster files? The link says motorola.com. That means, you're getting the file straight from the makers.
  2. manbat

manbat Active Member

================================I said they were from Motorola.....I answered quickly and my answer was not clear...sorry. Intended to say "not 6.1 they're monster"
  3. SomKen

SomKen New Member

This is kinda of a old message but I got the same error. I'm using XP SP3 x86 (32 bit). I'm trying to run it again.

EDIT:
    It seems to be working this time. My phone made me laugh because it said "Writing the SOL was successful"

EDIT2:
    My phone rebooted and 6.1 is booting..
    waits a min b/c the 9m is slow...

6.1 boots, and is running!
  4. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

There ya go !! Up and running (VZW WM 6.1) IS GOOD !!!
  5. TXZach

TXZach New Member

I'm at work and tried to go through the whole forum, but just can't make it through 57 pages. Most of the earlier replies were from the beginning of the month when the update for the Q9c was not available on the motorola website (I think).

So now that it is available, can I just use the motorola updater for the Q9c on my Q9m?
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

no you cant
    you have to do the 'pre-released' version
  7. TXZach

TXZach New Member

Ok, still searching through 57 pages. Can anyone point me out to the exact pages with functioning links that detail the process. I have about 20 tabs open and this is getting a bit frustrating.

Is there a recent post with the procedure that is up-to-date? If not, maybe we should make one that isn't interrupted by 50 pages of questions.
  8. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

if you doing the 'pre-release' go here
    http://www.everythingq.com/forum/mo...s-it-can-be-done-now-26545-16.html#post243354

if your doing the official motorola update then go to the moto site and download it there
  9. Miata492

Miata492 New Member

10. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

YOUBETCHYA !!!! GREAT luck to ya !!!!!!!!:gasp:
  11. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Although 6.1 has copy/paste that allows you to grab text from places previously not available, such as in web pages, the function doesn't work/isn't available on all screens.

You can still use VitoCopyPaste to grab text from other normal input boxes. Moreover, since both copypaste programs use the standard WinCE setcliptext function, what is copied by one is pastable using the other. Very cool.

So far the only problem I've had is that the phone crashes when syncing something I've not experienced with 6.0, 5.0, 2003, 2002 devices. A battery pull solves it but it's annoying and has happened several times including WinCE reporting program failures. It does sync faster though.
  12. hotshot21

hotshot21 New Member

Okay I feel like I've read most of the pages here and I still can't fix my problem. I'm getting that failed flash problem in RSD Lite (tried the newest version and even 3.9 because someone said that fixed the problem). Have everything ready to go...

very frustrated :(
  13. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Now that it has been OFFICIALLY released from VZW/Motorola, just try using the Installer from Motorola's Web Page.

Jon
  14. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

15. larsdennert

Use imap on the phone if your server has it. That works properly for me and has less bandwidth overhead too.
  16. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

Not an option, I'm afraid. it worked fine with WM5 and WM6, just stopped working when I upgraded to WM6.1
  17. larsdennert

I experienced the same. You are not alone.
  18. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

same thing here. I just deleted the accounts and set them up again as IMAP accounts. no more problems.
  19. Miata492

Miata492 New Member

i dont think there is a fix out there yet. i went the imap route too.
  20. hellachopper

hellachopper New Member

damn i didnt know this, could i get a link or something because i cant find the 6.1 file on the sites, unless it doesnt say its 6.1? I cant seem to figure out how to get it working from this post lol