VZW 6.1 Follow-Up - WM6.1 available.

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Brent372, Aug 27, 2008.

1. dovv21

dovv21 New Member

It sank in :laugh2:
    You're right about that. My concerns were double though. One was me being paranoid and the other were just feature and stability issues.
    But I am assuming I am good on that front also then....
  2. Miata492

Miata492 New Member

I have the same problem, as do other people. Just to try, I set one of my accounts up an IMAP account where I normally just set them up as POP3 and that solved my deleting problem. Now I just need to redo the other 3 accounts as IMAP's and I will be squared away - but that doesn't solve the actual problem! Can someone with a Q9c that is having the same issue call VZW tech support and see if they have a fix now that the official ROM is out there? :laugh2:
  3. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

This is REALLY a wicked problem guys. By rights its the server that stores them until you tell it to delete. And you have your setting correct, right?

I've gotta tell you that I have not had this problem at all and my one pop3 account IS Verizon. HHHhhhmmmmmmmm . . . My Gmail, Hotmail, and others all work fine also. A tuff nut this . . .
  4. Miata492

Miata492 New Member

my pop3's are not verizon. i switched all my accounts in my phone to imap and they all work fine now. also, there are more settings when using the imap setup so i should have done that years ago! still doesnt solve the actual problem though!
  5. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Good that you've found a "workaround" but still puzzling . . . someone here will nail it, I'm sure.
  6. Jackstep0832

Jackstep0832 New Member

i am offcially using 6.1 now and have successfully disabled Threaded Texting which i hated soo much and was the only reason why i didnt want wm6.1. I also was easily able to use Jeyo Companion to restore all my contacts, call logs, and Text messages back to my Q! Thanks for your help all!
  7. ScottQ9c

ScottQ9c New Member

Can anyone confirm that the Verizon Wireless Sync program reappeared on the phone after the update to 6.1?

Thanks.
  8. manbat

manbat Active Member

It does..

================================================
    It does ....I chose not to reinstall it though....I also had the Cab saved on my SD card.
  9. ScottQ9c

ScottQ9c New Member

I just installed the "official" Verizon update. The process went smoothly, and I'm happy to report the phone is working perfectly.
  10. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Yes it does even if you had uninstalled it before. If you don't use it now - just don't run the activation and you'll be fine.
  11. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Yeah - I disabled it too. Can't stand it but I know folks who love it. Who knew, eh?
  12. rgn2000

rgn2000 New Member

I downloaded the software from the site and it fails before it can do anything. It then tells me to powerdown the phone and reconnect it and it will resume. I do that (have to take the battery out to power down) and then it tells me the connected device is not the original. I then rebooted my computer and phone again and I tried all over and it still did the same thing, failed, asked me to power down and reconnect, and then back to the connectd device is not the original.

This happen with anyone else?
  13. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

From the Motorola site? If you find that you still can't get it that way, try below and follow the instructions explicitly. After you download the necessary files and un archive them you're about 15 minutes away form VZW WM 6.1
  14. rgn2000

rgn2000 New Member

I downloaded files no problem. It is when it tries to update the phone that is the issue.
  15. marmarinou

marmarinou New Member

Which Windows OS is on your PC?
  16. rgn2000

rgn2000 New Member

Windows XP
  17. rgn2000

rgn2000 New Member

Also it it attempts to being the update, the screen on the phone says flash mode usb connected and the status stays at 0% and never goes higher. It then fails.

Thanks
  18. ScottQ9c

ScottQ9c New Member

After playing with 6.1, I have to say that I do like the sliding panels. :laugh2:

I just wish someone at Motorola or Verizon had other than 20/20 vision, and would design in either larger icons or the ability to increase icon size. :angry:
  19. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

HA !! You are sooooo right about that. That's why I use Facade instead and SK Tools to enlarge fonts.
  20. ScottQ9c

ScottQ9c New Member

Ray in PA: I'm a newbie. Please tell me about Facade and SK Tools.

Thanks!