VZW 6.1 Follow-Up - WM6.1 available.

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Brent372, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Boycan

Boycan New Member

OK here is my 2 cents, so far I am liking the upgrade. Other than the sliding panels which I am not using and the ability to set a homepage without hacking and the treaded text message (which I am really diggin) :) Not a whole lot of differences other than cosmetic that I have found. OH except my battery life seems to have drasticly improved but I don't know if it is directly related to the upgrade or the fact that it probably reset some crazy setting I unknowingly set or maybe some hungry program I had installed has been removed but whatever I will take it! :laugh:

BUT I do have a problem, I had SmartTweaker installed previously and have decided since the upgrade to remove it from my card but everytime and anyway I try to delete it I get "permission denied" error. WTF this is my phone who is denying me permission. :angry: It doesn't show up in the remove programs and right click and delete doesn't work when syncing either. Any one have any suggestions?
  2. L0c0

L0c0 New Member

yeaahh! everything is working! 6.1 threads here I come...
  3. lgluck

lgluck New Member

Also 2 alarms. And I think you can set the default method of communication directly in the Contacts window - mobile, work, txt, email, etc. I never understood how that worked in 6.0.
  4. backdown00

backdown00 New Member

My flash failed stating "unable to retrieve interface handle, phone disconnected" any help?

It can't find a driver when it goes into bootloader mode?
  5. SteelFatboy

SteelFatboy New Member

:frown:

Everything is fine until a few moments after I hit the Start button on RSD Lite at which time the Status updates to: "Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. (0x7100); phone connected".

Fully charged battery. x64 driver on Vista 64. RSD Lite 4.2

Attempted many times with many reboots, etc. the same results each time...

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Shayne
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i wasnt talking about sliding panels or the 'right soft key' i was talking about the 'recent programs' screen that comes up before the 'start' menu when you hit start to access your programs

thanks
    now i just got the annoying task of redoing that whole start menu
    (unless i can grab it from my Q1 and do it that way)
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

did you try to install the Motorola drivers after you got that message
    i quoted a post a few pages back that had what you might be looking for
  8. Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took New Member

I've done the upgrade with no problems, but I can't sync now as the phone won't connect by USB. (I updated the drivers, but no help.)

Any ideas?
  9. jasoraso

jasoraso Member

Perhaps the drivers are causing a problem with Activesync? I would try uninstalling the drivers ... (I should mention that I updated the drivers, and didn't have a problem with Activesync though). My guess is it is something with you computer and activesync that is causing the problems now ....
  10. SteelFatboy

SteelFatboy New Member

I did try re-installing the Motorola USB driver - no difference. I've also read this entire thread three times in an attempt to glean any ideas / tricks or I wouldn't have gotten this far. Thanks for your postings on this topic.

Everything looks good until the phone enters flash mode at which time it sits in flash mode and I get the "Failed" message in RSD....

Thanks,

Shayne
  11. Bullroarer Took

Using the Motorola Device Driver Installation software I've cleaned, updated, and cleaned & re-installed. All with no change. (Many re-boots too.)
  12. jasoraso

jasoraso Member

If your phone is still usable, I would do a hard reset, then try flashing. Also, on other phones (Samsung i730), I've seen people have problems if they are connected through a USB hub. I would make sure you are using a good, quality USB cable (I know on the Q9h wm6.1 installs this was critical) that is connected directly to the computer w/o a HUB.

And lastly, make sure the battery is completely charged (some boot loaders won't run if the battery is too low).
  13. jasoraso

jasoraso Member

I don't think the you need the drivers at all for Active sync to work
  14. Bullroarer Took

I don't recall ever needing drivers before either. I just noticed that the phone is not charging by the USB cable now, but that may be normal if the device is not recognized. Window's recommendation is to replace the device. (!)

Since I can't connect the phone to the computer, I can't even re-flash the device, load any software or anything. This is ... unfortunate.
  15. crashdau

crashdau Member

A way back ?

Almost ready to try it, but have a question. Is there a way back to 6.0? I ask only cause mine is a work phone and uses the Intellisync Moble Suite software for push mail from the company servers. And I don't know if the version of IMS I have will work on 6.1.

If it doesn't I'll need a way back to 6.0.

Appreciate everyones hard ( and risky :laugh2:) work in this.

crashdau
  16. yameen1

yameen1 New Member

how do you know which driver you need?
  17. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

32 bit if you have a 32 bit os. 64 bit if you have 64 bit

potq
  18. SteelFatboy

SteelFatboy New Member

Charged, rebooted, reinstalled, Master reset, good cable, also tried it on a Vista 32 bit machine and Vista 64 bit machine. Same error...

Thanks,

Shayne:frown:
  19. lgluck

lgluck New Member

Did you try reinstalling RSD (or a different version of RSD)? Made sure you had the right .sbf file? Just stabbing in the dark...
  20. SteelFatboy

SteelFatboy New Member

I've only tried RSD Lite 4.3 as that was the one Scott was pointing to as a good copy... I have tried re-installing it though - still not working.

AH, HA! When I look at the phone in device manager it appears to be using the Microsoft driver even though I have installed the Motorola driver. How can I get it to use the Motorola driver during auto-discovery? It keeps picking the Microsoft driver...

Thanks,

Shayne