VZ Moto Q 9M Enable EMS

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by thelarster, Sep 7, 2007.

1. thelarster

thelarster New Member

VZ Moto Q 9M Enable EMS

I am really frustrated that this phone doesn't accept messages longer than 160 characters through text. And when you do - you and the send get a message!

So I found this thread that someone said they 'fixed' this but a reg edit. I can't get it to work - anyone know if I am doing it wrong or have tried this?

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/aa919404.aspx

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/p_forum.php?fm=m&ff=856&fi=786374

I've edited my registry on my PC but never a phone so I wasn't sure if this just didn't work or I did it incorrectly.
  2. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

It depends on VZW. They only allow messages over 160 from and to VZW. Other providers the CARRIER won't allow.

-A
  3. thelarster

thelarster New Member

This is only partial true. With my Razr (and my all my friends on family's phones w/ VZ) you can send longer than 160 characters between VZ and other carriers. This is the first phone that won't unless it's a pictures.
  4. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

No. I had the En-V until 2 days ago. Every time it went over 160 and I sent the message VZW replied saying the VZW does not send messages over 160 characters to non-VZW phones. It may have before with your RAZR but the carier is not allowing it now. Borrow a buddy's phone and see.

-A
  5. thelarster

thelarster New Member

My brother has the env w/ VZ and sends me texts all the time over 160 characters as does his wife and to each other. Again, this is only w/ the Q and PDA phones sending EMS messages and they way they are sent w/ VZ but not just VZ itself.
  6. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member

Right....he can send it to OTHER VZW subscriber's no problem. My Q sends over 160 to other VZW subscribers fine. But only VZW.

-A
  7. Kanyonacad

Kanyonacad New Member

It is VERY easy to do, just follow the instructions on the 1st link and it will WORK !! I just did it and tested it.

8. thelarster

thelarster New Member

Kanyonacad and you're on Verizon? Did you test it by having someone else send you a message? I only ask because I can send myself text longer that 160 and so can other carriers but other Verizon phones cannot.

Thanks!
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

do you have a Q1 or Q9 ?
  10. Kanyonacad

Kanyonacad New Member

Enhanced ems

Hey, Sorry about that, I was too quick on the draw on that one....I was able to send over the 160 limit but was not able to receive.....and, yes, that was to another VW customer. I dont think you'll be able to send over 160 to anyone other than VW though, even w/the Treo's, I was not able to send/receive over the 160 limit outside VW :frown:

11. tprouty

tprouty New Member

I have the Q9m and this fix worked for me... I sent my self 200/320 and it worked for me. nice find...
  12. Ejh28

Ejh28 New Member

Has anyone gotten this to work with other people sending messages over 160? Because I can send them to myself, but other people's still dont make it.
  13. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

the post above yours says he got it to work
  14. Ejh28

Ejh28 New Member

Actually he only says that he sent himself a message. That's always worked, even before the reg edit. I was wondering if he got it working with other people sending him a message over 160.