Voiding Warranty?

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by saraax, Apr 23, 2008.

1. saraax

saraax New Member

Voiding Warranty?

Hi! Im a Qnoob, I've been lurking for a few days, and this is my first post! :)

I've got two questions actually, did a bit of searching but I didnt see much directed toward these two, though I could have missed it...

1) I'd love to do some of these hacks on my phone, it make it infinitely more useful. However Im terrified of voiding any warranty on my phone or doing anything that might jeapoadize my ability to get it replaced if something goes wrong. ( I actually cant afford to have anything go wrong period with the phone, getting it replaced would be a major setback, this is my business phone as well as personal and having it down could potentially cost me tons in terms of missed work). I would love some information on just how far I can go withOUT risking a major meltdown that a master reset wouldn't fix. I've already seen people mention a couple of programs that are quite buggy, so I'll be steering clear of those...but I really would like some of the registry hacks I've seen posted, and they seem so easy and simple...or maybe I should just leave my registry alone.....?

2) I would love to find a discussion on some of the freeware offered both on this site and others. There are plenty of links floating around but it would be nice to get an idea of how well the program works (or DOSENT) before I actually download...seeing as Im trying to avoid the problem mentioned in 1)...am I missing a freeware discussion thread somewhere?

Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

while technically hacking your phone does void the warranty, a master reset returns the registry to normal anyway
  3. K3SRK

K3SRK New Member

For the most part the software hacks can be undone (en masse) with a master reset. Nobody could tell you did anything.

As long as you don't actually open the case you should be fine.
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member