Voicemail setup on focus

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by st1100y2k, Jan 6, 2011.

1. st1100y2k

st1100y2k New Member

Wife and I just bought new focus phones....have no idea on how to setup our voicemail. Online
    att tutorial does not work for us. Any help would be appreciated.

Ron
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

It's been a while since I've set up my v-mail. But if you call your v-mail by calling your own number or tap and hold down "1" on the dial pad, you should be prompted to set it up, since it is your first time. Just follow instructions over the phone.
  3. st1100y2k

st1100y2k New Member

that gets me to the voicemail setup....but when i enter the voicemail phone number in the phone it can not find it.
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

V-mail phone number? It never asked me to enter that. It should be entered automatically. Are you using your phone on AT&T? I suggest calling AT&T for support (611 from your mobile phone). The v-mail relay number is actually different from your mobile phone number.
  5. st1100y2k

st1100y2k New Member

we called att help at 611....basic voicemail was never set up when we purchased the phones....Mathew at att was able to set that up for us.....now it works....thanks for your help.
    ninjaap likes this.
  6. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Glad you got it set up! Have fun with your new phone and welcome to eWM!
  7. termleech

termleech Member

I had to call them as well when I first got my focus. They never switched me off of visual voicemail and back to basic voicemail (I had an iPhone before).
  8. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

If you are switching from an iPhone (using Visual VMail) you must set your voicemail back to Basic VMail and then you will be able to set it up no problem. Sorry I wasn't able to give you an answer in time, but that's the reason you couldn't set it up anyway.
  9. RobR

RobR Member

I think Visual Voicemail is the only thing I'll miss from my iPhone when I go totally WP7. That won't be until June so maybe it will become available on one of the updates.