Voicemail Problems

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless' started by EQBob, Dec 17, 2008.

1. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Voicemail Problems

Hi folks. I got my Saga today which has WMP 6.1. For the most part, it's been proceeding smoothly, but I've run into a few issues, only one of which is solved. I don't think they are specific to the Saga, which is why I'm asking the experts here for help. 1) (This is fixed) When dialing a number from contacts, I was getting a "Welcome to Verizon Wireless, this number can not be dialed, blah blah blah..." However, if I dialed the exact same number directly, it would work just fine. Googling found posts that indicated turning off assisted dialing will work to fix the problem. Voila, it did. 2) (This one is NOT fixed). I can't get to voicemail. When I hit speedial 1 it comes up with the correct code, *86. I get a can no complete call as dialed message. Same if I dial direct. Both cases test with assisted dialing on and off. No diff....all 4 test cases get the same error message. Searching the forum posts show a number of messages related to voicemail problems, but nothing that indicated a fix. Has anyone seen or heard of this problem and found a fix for it? Any help would be appreciated! EQBob (I guess I have to change that sig now? )
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

might want to give vzw a ring on that one

-Sent from my Q9c
  3. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Sadly, I don't know how. I also can't figure out how to set this thing into HTML posting so it will take my hard returns.
  4. n99hockey

cant you just dial 611?

-Sent from my Q9c
  5. sherri

sherri Active Member

Isn't Verizon 611 from the handset?
  6. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Can't dial from the phone that's the problem, cuz they have to do stuff to it. I did dial 611 from my Q and got in that way...so far, all attempts of Level 1 support failed miserably
  7. n99hockey

bring it in to a store

-Sent from my Q9c
  8. sherri

sherri Active Member

Or call Verizon Customer Support...number should be on your bill!:laugh2:
  9. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

611 for ATT also
  10. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Well, after 1:41:10 (that's hours minutes seconds) on the phone with Verizon tech support, they're completely stumped. Their saga does the same thing. No special function dialing sequences work. I know, I know...serves me right for forsaking my Q, right?
  11. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

if you call verizon support they're just gonna tell you to call them back from a different phone so they can run you through diagnostics.
  12. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

As will all other carriers....hopefully after a time or 2 that becomes common sense. If i have issues with my phone that require ATT tech. I call from work. No home phone, who needs it.. :]