voice recognition

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by gjackson78, Jul 3, 2006.

1. gjackson78

gjackson78 New Member

voice recognition

does anyone else think that the voice recognition software is completely worthless? Not once has it even listed the contact I'm saying in any of the 3 choices. If anyone knows of a better one let me know. Also one that will actually say who is calling would be nice too!

Gary
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

You can try updating your contacts with Voice Recognition. I've had good luck with it, works very well. I had some issues with it recognizing third party applications, but that was my fault. You have to add applications in the Application Launcher section.
  3. gjackson78

gjackson78 New Member

hmm I'll give it a shot. I tried 4 or 5 times and I would say "Lisa" and the three options would be like "balance, John.." and something else way off. Tried it with a few others and no luck. We'll see what happens.
  4. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

My voice recognition is dead on accurate. With my old phones you had to speak clear and loud to get the voice recognition to acknowledge it. This is how i started out playing with the Q and it never understood. Speak like normal, like you would in everyday speech.
  5. gjackson78

gjackson78 New Member

well..I don't get it

I say "Call Lisa" and it says "Did you saw Will?"

HUH?

or "Call 834 7895432" and it says did you say "Call 8347895439?" lol 2 or 9? don't sound anything alike.

Those numbers are just made up by the way...
  6. veroson

veroson New Member

mine works dead on too. I was actually surprised it picked up what i was saying on first try. But so far each time it has been accurate. And i don't speak abnormally loudly or over- enuniciate . Just use your normal tone. Is it bad using both spkrphone and a headset?
  7. gjackson78

gjackson78 New Member

Thanks

It actually is working much better when I just talk to it normally. Before I was saying " Call (pause) John (pause) Doe". Now just saying the name seems to be working fine.

Is there software out that will say the name of an incoming caller or maybe say which carrier they are using as well?

Gary
  8. Redhog

Redhog New Member

Voice Command 1.5

I am also having trouble with voice recognition . Does anyone know if the Q will become an approved device for use with Voice Command 1.5? I would like to try the software.
    RH
  9. pknomad

pknomad New Member

RE: Voice Command 1.5

Currently Voice Command 1.5 does not work with WM 5.0. No clue as to if or when MS might have a version available.
  10. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

I'm glad you told me that, I was about ready to start calling that number non-stop with my old War Dialer program on my Vic 20.
  11. hnsimpson

hnsimpson New Member

That made me laugh so hard my nose started bleeding.

-simpson
  12. bpatt

bpatt New Member

:eek:hmy: Vic-20? Man, does that bring back memories!
  13. SonicJr

SonicJr New Member

Exactly

Gary, Let me know if anyone has a fix for this! I coulden't have said it better.

Jeff
  14. edgimeno

edgimeno New Member

There is a leaked version of the voice command for smartphones that works rather well on the Q.............:laugh2:
  15. fmkjr19

fmkjr19 New Member

I use it with great success... I suggest as others stated to go into the software and "train" it to recognize what you are saying... In fact, the vr is one item that sold me on the Q over the treo...

frank
  16. bobbenedetti

bobbenedetti New Member

Works great even through GPS via Bluetooth

I have no complaints. It is bang on for me even with a bluetooth connection to my Garmin c550 GPS. I am using the built in mic on the GPS and it is positioned under my rear view mirror. Under these conditions you would expect problems. I'm quite impressed.
  17. mad3963

mad3963 New Member

You might want to take a look at this: http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?productId=199595
  18. fmkjr19

fmkjr19 New Member

Are you using your headset?

I know when my headset is getting low on power the voice recognition is not as good...
  19. braxtoq

braxtoq New Member

Voice Recogntion

Voice recognition works well for me, since I realized I now have last names stored with most of my contacts. Th issue I have is that when I select voice recognition, my Q suddenly is in speakerphone mode until I succesfully request a contact, then it's back in handset mode for the call. Is there a way to stay in handset mode for voice recognition?
  20. Tired.Monkey

Tired.Monkey New Member

Put handset mode before using voice recognition.