Voice Mail Icon Does not Disappear

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by JpSiller, Feb 1, 2011.

1. JpSiller

JpSiller New Member

Hello,

I have an LG E900 phone, the thing is that I notice the voice mail icon, i call my voice mail and it was to set up my voice mail, so I set it up, everything went right until my voice mail said "No more messages".

THe thing is that the voice mail icon does not disappear, it still shows like I have a pending message in my voice mail, I have call my voice mail like 20 times but the icon does not disappear.

Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.
  2. jab119

jab119 Member

first, power cycle the phone if you have not done so already. if that does not work, then call ATT's customer service and tell them that your voice mail (message waiting indicator) count, will not change. if you get a good rep, they can reset that option and it will clear it up right away, hopefully the person you get will know exactly what to do and you will done in a few minutes.

James
  3. JpSiller

JpSiller New Member

Ok,

I'm from Mexico by the way, so I will have to check Telcel :S hehe, but you are saying is a problem with my celphone service then? Does not have to do with the phone? (I already power cycle the phone several times)
    Thanks
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Try calling your voicemail and a leave yourself a message. Hang up. Call your vmail again and listen to all your messages, delete or save them. Exit vmail using the proper key (usually "*") instead of hanging up right away. The icon should reset and go away.
  5. jab119

jab119 Member

Yes, its the cell phone providers issue, not with your phone. Since you have power cycled the phone and still have the same issue it points to the provider. However, like Ninjaap suggested, call your self and leave a few messages, then call in and listen to them and delete them, but first make sure the message count does go up once you leave the messages.

James