Voice Mail For Landlines

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mbrevard, Mar 27, 2008.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you're a beta tester now :}
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

haha most excellent...:tounge:
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

4. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

SOLD!! No, I have been on nights so haven't had a chance to look at Youmail. But when I get off in the am I will be off for 3 days so I will be giving this a whirl.

I can already hear my friends moaning and groaning over this one. As if I don't bother them with my Tar Heel fanaticism already!
  5. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Well, it seems that YouMail has the same limitations that CallWave does....in that Sprint charges .20/call to forward to YouMail. That truly stinks!!:angry:

I don't get enough missed calls to justify going through the hassle of dealing with Sprint tech support to set this up. Nor to pay .20/call. Which adds up really quick!
  6. cheri

cheri Active Member

well seems when i signed up i noticed they do have a beta for "visual voicemail" i havent stooped to calling myself yet lol...or maybe im just lazy to get off the couch and grab my girl childs cell(she will smack me if i go to wake her up for her Q jk) or grab a house phone.
  7. cheri

cheri Active Member

THR i could swear i had that feature on sprint as a flat rate and not per use. seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot with per use....sux
  8. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

You forget this is the same company that won't let us include a picture with a text. Sprint makes us jump through hoops to send a picture. Although it doesn't bother me as I rarely send pictures from my phone but it apparently bothers alot of other folks.

I will probably give it a try since I will be using my Q exclusively now and I like the ability to personalize per contact. Callwave didn't offer that, you just got a generic message.
  9. cheri

cheri Active Member

i hear you...THR...i just do not remember that from when we were with Sprint...
    silly companies and their siilly bs.
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

that blows... especially if you miss a lot of calls.
  11. cheri

cheri Active Member

I know and I am a screener...not always because I dont want to talk but I may be busy with kids or something and I dont pick up private or blocked calls..

I have a feeling this little youmail is going to be very handy.
    I sent them a suggestion last night and it was nice not to get an "obvious" canned response.
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

their support and help is really good so far, and also quick (which is good for somebody with my patience :}
  13. cheri

cheri Active Member

I bet my patience is shorter than yours.
    I was surprised that I got a response in a few hours. And of course I told them so (so maybe they will keep me on the "nice" list.
  14. srivard99

srivard99 New Member

I fail to see the practicality of this (perhaps a user of youmail can enlighten me.) If it doesn't transcribe the voice mail and only notifies you by email or text, what's the point (especially if you set it to send text only - that implies you have your phone with you and it will tell you you have voicemail)

So you get an email saying you have voice mail - you still need to pick up the phone, dial your voice mail, and listen to the message. Am I missing something?
  15. cheri

cheri Active Member

rivvy dahling...I havent tried it too much yet...slow starting stuff this morning.
    but they are beta testing visual voicemail. I see your point though. For some it would be enhanced voicemail...the options are pretty cool really....and of course free helps lol

(some how when I signed up it was offered...must be some kinda magic)
  16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

could be because their support tech is a gal ? :}

ya want a list ? :}

seriously... they are working on voice-to-text. secondly... you can assign different greetings for different people, you can hear the voice mails on line and if need be save them on your pc... and those are just a few advantages in my eyes.
  17. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

also you get an email saying you have a voicemail AND you can have it attach as an MP3 or WAV file.
    you can manage all voicemails online and forward them to other people and i believe reply by text
  18. srivard99

srivard99 New Member

Alright, I'll give it a try - never hurts to try. I like the option of different greetings for different folks, that could be fun.
  19. srivard99

srivard99 New Member

Ah crap. Well have fun with this folks - currently not available as a service in Canada so I'm outta luck.
  20. cheri

cheri Active Member

:(

Well I guess that is another suggestion I could suggest...
    email them and tell em u want it bad! Has worked for me before
    You might get lucky.