Voice Announcements

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by pudco, Jul 9, 2008.

1. pudco

pudco New Member

Voice Announcements

Hey guys, I've read this forum ever since before I got my Q a few months ago and learned some cool stuff but there's one thing I haven't seen that I have a question about. I used to have a LG Chocolate (which I hated, lol - the razr before it was SOO much better...anyways) my chocolate was able to speak when I recieved a call or a message for example let's say I know a Mark. It would announce "Call from Mark" then play the ringtone. I was wondering if the Q could do that. I actually have the Q9m but it's probably the same for most if not all Q9's, I don't know. On my chocolate the option for this was in the voice command menu settings - "Say a command".. The Q has the same settings menu in there and I found what I think is the same feature however it does not work... So I'm wondering if there is a way to get this to work if that's what it even is i'm seeing in there or if there's maybe a lil program that'll do it. If not, oh well. I just thought it would be nice to have that feature back.
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

check out HollerID, not sure if it can do that though..

potQ9c
  3. pudco

pudco New Member

Ok I checked that out and it seems like it's exactly what i'm looking for but considering it's $20 i'm trying to find a trial of it first so that I can test it to make sure it'll work right. I've downloaded a few things before that siad they were for my phone and they didn't work... So I'm skeptical of paying $20 for something like that. So far no luck. :-( If anyone knows of anything else lemme know please, thanks!
  4. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I downloaded a free text to speech program. I made my own ringtone for my contacts. took about an hour. when Mark calls, it says mark is calling or what ever you want.
  5. jmaynard1986

jmaynard1986 New Member

..... And the name of the program, please? :laugh2:
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Text aload is one of them.
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

I think AT&T has a voice app on-line with which you can create speech tones and you can select various voices (male/female)

potQ9c