Visual Voicemail

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by cbusguy23, Jun 27, 2007.

1. kennybain

kennybain New Member

Also - they say that GC will always be free (for incoming calls). I have Alltel and I have my GC # setup as one of my circle numbers. It's configured so all incoming calls (to GC) show up as incoming from my GC #, which makes it a free call (because it is on the circle). I also can use PIE to initiate outgoing calls and that makes it a free call as well. So far this month, I have used less than 100 minutes of airtime :)
  2. Guerrilla

Guerrilla New Member

I got CallWave setup and it worked great. My one issue with it was I couldn't get my account settings to stick, so no matter how many times I went to the website and said I only wanted SMS and no e-mails (e-mail is set to sync once an hour, so kind of bad for voicemail). It just came out of beta I think since now there's an option for CallWave Pro which is $9.95/month. So I assume the free version is e-mail only or a glitch in their system.

Going to give GC a shot.
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

nah you can use the sms settings....i think it was under account settings...
    i managed to switch in the free account
  4. qwho

qwho New Member

I just got a message from callwave saying that their beta test version (which will be free for the duration of the beta) will actually spell out your messages in the text that it sends you.

Cool! Now I just need someone to call me...

Also, to answer someone's question from the last page, no, you will not see the voicemail indicator anymore.
  5. n99hockey

thanks!!! :laugh2:
  6. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

You know you could call yourself from another line to test it out?!? :wink:

(PS I hate the smiley's here)
  7. qwho

qwho New Member

Yeah but then i would actually have to say something in the message to get it to spell it out for me.

A little too weird for me. So far my calls today have been ones that i don't want to let go to voicemail. When it happens I will let you know the results.:2cool::embarassed::foot:

... there are some smileys for you.
  8. qwho

qwho New Member

Alright I got a voicemail. It worked perfectly. The message was word for word.:laugh2:

I wonder how much this will cost when it is done being a beta test?
  9. jj730

jj730 New Member

Does anybody have Callwave with Sprint? Because I tried to set it up and called Sprint and asked them to change the forwarding conditions and they acted like they didn't know how to do it.
  10. qwho

qwho New Member

Does callwave list sprint as a compatible carrier? If so when you sign up they take care of that for you.

Also I got a voicemail last night that didn't work. The function that spells out the message is called 'gist' and it said gist is not available for this message. The person who left the message is hard to understand, so possibly if it can't recognize a certain percent of the message it just says that it failed.
  11. abrigham

abrigham New Member

Yeah, Sprint is a compatible carrier, but when I signed up for Call Wave it gave me instructions to call Sprint and request they change the Call Forwarding options for no answer, busy, and rejected call to CallWave's phone # (apparently CW can't do it for you because of the way Sprint's VM service works). I personally didn't even bother to call and just closed my CallWave account because I suspected I would get the same thing that jj730 ran into - a CS rep that has no idea what you're talking about...

just a suggestion, though, jj370 - you might try again and if the front line CS reps have no idea what you're talking about, ask for a supervisor. If you get yours working, maybe I'll consider signing back up... lol
  12. jj730

jj730 New Member

Yea, when I called they transfered me 3 different times to 3 different people. I just said forget it and hung-up. Maybe I'll try again when I have time to wait.
  13. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I set mine phone up through Sprint, you have to call Tech Support and hold their hands through the whole process but I got it work. In fact, it works too well because now my phone doesn't ring at all. All my calls go through Callwave so now I have to call Tech Support back and play with it to see which command they need to change back so I can get my phone calls again.
  14. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Yippee! Got it working right. Call Sprint Tech Support back and actually got a guy who has a Q as well. So together we figured out what command needed to be changed. And after testing to see if it works he was going to install Callwave on his Q. So Sprint users if you get a Tech Support tech who says it can't be done, call back until you find one that is at least willing try because it can be done.
  15. n99hockey

be careful you dont call to many times you might get the axe!! :tounge:
  16. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

Lol!

:2cool:
  17. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

I am on Sprint and would love a simple application that will do just this ^ without all of the customer service hassle and extra call forwarding costs. All I want is a text message after someone leaves a voicemail saying - soandso (if they are in my contacts) left you a xx second voicemail..or 970.555.1234 left you a xx second voicemail (if they are not in my contacts).

Anyone know of anything like this? I know of Callwave and Gotvoice... Gotvoice sounds ok and close to this if there are no other options.

Thanks for any help.