Vista not detecting moto q

Discussion in 'Windows PC and Moto Q' started by q5485, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

All that I can tell ya is like many others - you are a victum of VISTA. If you have all of the patches/upgrades/drivers etc, it should work but "should" and "does" with VISTA is pretty much hit & miss. If it's any concilation, you're not alone. God bless MicroShaft !!! :) -Q
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

try removing the phone from device manager and then reconnecting
  3. ctsluder

ctsluder New Member

This is one of the reasons I went back to xp, vista is to much trouble at this point.
  4. sherri

sherri Active Member

One of the reasons I paid extra to DOWNGRADE to XP....
  5. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

One very smart lady !!!!!!!! :)

That's ONE of the reasons I won't touch VISTA systems unless it's a contract. "The FIX" is always coming . . . maybe. :) -Q
  6. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

personally (and I appear to have been lucky) but I've had no problems with vista so far
  7. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Yeah, yeah . . . some are lucky but you are definitely in the minority. Glad it's working for you, though.
  8. dfc849

dfc849 New Member

I seem to be having some troubles with my Q9c and I think I've tried everything. For the device manager part, every time you flash your Q or use it on a different USB port, Windows creates another entry in the device manager for it. When the device is plugged in, only the current driver entry is visible. To view hidden entries (and I've only tried this in Vista) you will have to give the DOS prompt a command or two. To make everyone's life easier, I batched the commands and then made an executable, too. Also, after executing the file, under Device Manager, navigate to View>Show Hidden Devices. Good luck! :smile:

Also, to view the Windows directory of your device in Vista, you must have "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" unchecked in the Windows Folder Options (while in Windows Explorer, go to Tools>Folder Options>View). If you're running Vista and the menu bar doesn't show up in Explorer, press ALT to temporarily show it.

EDIT: A friend of mine needed a place to charge his Apple iPod Touch, so I plugged it into my laptop to charge. Coincidentally, my Q9c also needed charging so I proceeded to do the same, only to see WMDC pop up with a new device! I do not have iTunes either, the iPod Touch simply shows up as a portable media device (specifically a camera, probably for the many photo apps available in the App Store)

Attached Files:

9. BWG

BWG Member

Thank you so much. You made my day! I was getting PO'd cause it worked with both my desktops but not my laptop.
  10. parrish6

parrish6 New Member

I had this problem come up also after months of no problems. In my device manager under portable devices my MOTO Q9c showed an error with the drivers. I deleted it and restarted but it did not reload. I saw in this thread that someone mentioned a bad SD card so I turned my phone off, removed the card and tried again. VOILA! the phone synced as it should and it showed with no errors in device manager. So to be sure I disconnected the phone re-inserted the card and tried to reconnect to make sure it worked but of course it did not. Nothing showed in DM and WMDC did not start. With the phone still on and connected I removed the card and everything connected as normal. I have since rebooted and reconnected twice and all is well. So you might want to check you memory card. I need to go and get another card for a backup now just in case.
  11. Laker171

Laker171 New Member

This Works!!! Thank you very much!!!! I was so angry because it was impossible to sync. But this very simple instructions reallly work!!! Thanks again