***virus warning***!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by beats, Apr 1, 2009.

1. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

I bet the would sell...just for the humor of it...throw 'em in a Spencers Gifts..good idea. I mean I personally would't wear em. But some one might.

uno mas
    /threadjacking
  2. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

or "Fresh craps here"
  3. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

What a great idea !!!!!

DARN !!! I'd want a pair . . . for the next time I go to to the Doc's for my aheeeeem . . . "bendover" physical!!! Oh YEAH !!!!! :) -Q
  4. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

Patent Pending people! don't jack my idea, haha
  5. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Size Large, please. :) -Q
  6. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

Large......sure you are :)
  7. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Well . . . thank you so much. :) -Q
  8. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

do they make a thong?
  9. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

I understand that they will indeed but it will only be marked with a "VW" as in "Beetle" . . . (Bug) . . . well you get the picture. Hehehehe . . . :) -Q
  10. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

AHAHAHAHAHA!

Umm......thong Dafoxs? Should I include a complimentary bag of Oreos with that?
  11. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

GREAT Windows Secrets Article Re: Conficker/Neeris Worm

Old worm follows in Conficker's footsteps

All the media hype about Conficker unleashing some dastardly new attack on April 1 turned out to be just that: hype. Since I was pretty sure Conficker would be a non-issue on April 1, it came as no surprise when nothing much happened on that date.

In my opinion, the media would have done well simply to say "Conficker might become active on April 1, so clean your systems before that date." This is precisely the advice offered by WS editorial director Brian Livingston in his March 30
    news update about Conficker.

The fact is, trouble can strike your systems any day, so use some common sense and don't fall victim to the scaremongers.

That said, at least one other worm is now being hyped as "Conficker's cousin." The latest rendition of the Neeris worm — which was first detected back in 2005 — is exploiting the vulnerability patched by the update described in Microsoft security bulletin
    MS08-067. That's the same hole Conficker has often exploited to spread itself.

The new Neeris variant can infect new systems by taking advantage of Windows' AutoRun feature. Once the worm makes it onto your computer — via a malicious download, infected media device, or other source — it sets itself to load every time Windows boots up. Later, if you insert a removable media device, it'll try to infect that device using the same AutoRun hole that Conficker attempts to leverage.

If a removable device becomes infected and then is inserted into a noninfected system, AutoRun — via the autorun.inf file on the infected removable device — will try to launch the code to infect that system. You'll find more information about the exploit on Microsoft's
    Malware Protection Center.

The infection then sends links over various chat channels and may try to copy itself onto your system's removable drives. It's also capable of hacking into SQL servers and spreading via the security hole that's fixed via
    MS06-040.

What you need to know — before the media hype gets too thick — is that Neeris is no big deal. If your antivirus software is up-to-date, the worm most likely won't affect you, because your security software will detect the worm and stop it cold.