virus protection

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by txter, Feb 10, 2008.

1. txter

txter New Member

virus protection

is their any programs out their that i can get to run on my Q that will check for a virus or spam or anything. every once in a while i get this alert that says their is a script running & do i want to abort. when it comes up my Q locks up. it takes awhile but goes back to normal. has anyone else had this come up when their on a web site....?
  2. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

There's Norton Smartphone Security, but I haven't used it, so I can't really give you any opinion on it.
  3. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

its something in the web page itself that is giving PIE a hard time for one reason or another(not a virus). Mine does it once in a great while, usualy on non mobile friendly sites
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

search for antivirus....
    there is an entire thread about this
  5. by1881

by1881 New Member

how to install .sis files, Antivirus

Hey. I've downloaded a Symentec Mobile Security 4.0 which is a .sis file, and I don't know how to install it on my q8. CAn anyone tell how to?
  6. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Weren't there any instructions when you downloaded the file from the Symantec website?
  7. by1881

by1881 New Member

I haven't downloaded from the Symantec website. As I downloaded this antivirus, I also downloaded another more: Anti CommWarrior v1.0, Kaspersky Antivirus Mobile v2.0.45 Beta2, McAfee Virus Scan v1.11, NetQin v2.0, Simworks Antivirus 1.2.4, Symantec Mobile Threats Removal Tool v 1.05, Symentec Mobile Security 4.0, Trend Micro Mobile Security. Each one of these are in .sis file. I downloaded them from a site called Taringa_com.
  8. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Check this out....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIS_(filename)
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

10. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Stupid &%&^(&)(*_)(website*&^(*&)(*weak link^&%(*&_)*(!!

View attachment 2248
    *Sorry about that..helped 1 of the guys on a wrecker call last night*

Now that I "proved" that such a web page existed & I wasn't "crazy".... what it is explaining is that what OP downloaded was for Symbian based cell phones such as Nokia's, Ericsson's, Pansonic's, etc. The Moto Q's aren't Symbian's. So, what the Op downloaded for anti-virus from the Taringa_com site will not work on the Moto Q's.

*I'm going to take a nap now..try to keep the noise levels down to a loud roar so I can get some sleep, ok?*

Attached Files:

• sis.jpg
      sis.jpg
      File size:
      61.2 KB
      Views:
  11. rosem119

rosem119 New Member

About three years ago, I bought a Dell Axim and it came with McAfee Virus Scan and a one year subscription. Every day it would check for updates and it never once found any. I didn't renew and don't even load it anymore and have never had a problem.
  12. jeroticaq

jeroticaq New Member

free walpaper
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thanks for the explanation...
  14. MoWorse

MoWorse New Member

Q Virus

So far I have never heard of a virus transmitted by a phone except via Bluetooth. And that one you would have to have been within 15 feet of the transmission with your phone actively accepting files via bluetooth.

Google cell phone viruses and see if there are any floating around. I see none listed. Spend your money if you want I'll save mine for a battery from Seidio.:2cool:
  15. Thomas00

Thomas00 New Member

search-and-destroy.

Ya anti virus software updating is very important requirement for computer because now a days lots of virus born everyday. I am using www.search-and-destroy.com for my computer security.

Thank You.
  16. Geekster

Geekster New Member

http://btb.lithium.com/btb/board/message?board.id=iSecp&message.id=51

Go to middle of the page on this one-->
    http://discuss.itwire.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&p=32613

This is just posted to get you buy their product. They are posting in every forum to get ppl to try this for free, they will "find something" but to fix it you have to buy the product. Do NOT fall for this. As always, research everything before you download it to your PC.
  17. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

What are the odds that Cheap AntiVirus is actually a virus? MicroSoft Security Essentials is prolly the way to go now but this is a phone forum.