Viewing e-mail attachments

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by OH2Q, Jun 24, 2006.

1. OH2Q

OH2Q New Member

Viewing e-mail attachments

I can't view any MSword or excel attachements on my e-mails. I sync with the verizon site and not my own computer....Any ideas?
  2. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

3. jerryjr

jerryjr New Member

This is most likely happening because the email is not fully downloaded. When you open the email message select MENU then Download Message. The rest of the message including attachment will be downloaded on the next sync. After that happens, you will see an attachment below the from section of the email. Hope that helps.
  4. sbagdan

sbagdan New Member

Just tested this with an Excel sheet. It is GREAT, and fully viewable with the ZOOM key.

So MUCH BETTER than the BB.
  5. OH2Q

OH2Q New Member

I have downloaded the rest of the message and it shows the attachement, if it is a PDF I can open it, if it is a word or excel file it shows it as a .dat file then give me an error message "unrerecognized file type" .

Not sure why? Any sugestions?
  6. sbagdan

sbagdan New Member

That seems to be an error in sending. A dat file almost always means data curruption.
  7. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

Try puting whatever your sending into "Plain Text Format" Sometimes "Rich Text Format" can screw a transfer up. Plain Text is universal, in most cases.
    If your using Outlook to send, follow this procedure to convert the document before you send it.

1) Click on Tools
    2) Click Options, and then click the Mail Format tab.
    3) In the Send in this Message Format list, select Plain Text, and then click OK