Video out on Focus?

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by bnk999, Dec 7, 2010.

1. bnk999

bnk999 New Member

I called Samsung and they said the Focus did not perform Video Output, but was wondering if anyone has heard of a way to make this happen. I remember hearing about a Samsung android phone that would output video simply by plugging in a RCA video to mini headphone cable..
  2. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

There is always a will and a how for these types of things just give it time someone will create an app, and maybe even a necessary cable to allow for such things.
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

If you are going to find some type of video out accesory it's most likely going to be through the USB port from the top of the phone. Plus, an accessory is not enough, software is needed.
  4. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

Exactly and from what they have done on other devices like the iPhone the software is about $30+ along with you purchasing a $50 accessory. I just don't see myself ever using a video out that much to justify such prices, not for my phone at least.
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I'm sure there will be something from MS though. My Zune HD has an available accessory that can play videos on a TV. So it's not really far fecthed to think that the ability is there and just turned off, just like tethering.
  6. bnk999

bnk999 New Member

Sometimes my internet at home is sketchy (=forgot to pay bill) and I like having the TV out for my netflix.
  7. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

Just so you know, if this comes out, it's not gonna be MS. Over on their forums, someone asked the same question, and the answer was "buy a quantum" (the one with the speakers).
  8. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

Don't you mean the HTC Surround? If that's the case I can see how they don't want to dig their own hole, and make their Zune obsolete by making a similar accessory for Windows Phones.
  9. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Oh I didn't mean MS was going to make hardware/accessory. I meant software in the form of an update. But the fact that another device has the abiltiy only proves to me that it's already there. It must be one of those features that MS left up to the manufacturers/carriers to decide wether to include or not.
  10. bnk999

bnk999 New Member

The LG quantum (the one with the slideout keyboard, not the one with the speakets) has DNLA which allows you to send video/audio to a wi/fi enabled TV, Blu-ray, or PC that supports that protocol.
  11. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

Yeah, I got the two confused.