Vibration duration for SMS

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by veedub, Feb 8, 2008.

1. hawaii

hawaii New Member

To the guys who aren't hearing the SMS sound anymore, change the Script value to av#p while substituting the # for the number of seconds to vibrate. I set mine to av0p so the vibrate plays while the SMS tone is and stops when it does.
  2. bird04

bird04 New Member

i still need help with tht..

sooo.. im new at this whole moto q thing.. but the txt vibration really bothers me too.. so how do i get to tht registry editor thing.. i dont even kno what tht is..:smile:
  3. Jedi777

Jedi777 New Member

Isnt the default length of the text vibration 1 second..? Id like to make it something like .4 or .5 seconds long, but I dont think thatd work would it? I tried using this hack in the registry and put it to 3 seconds just to test it and it didnt work at all..Any suggestions (Moto Q9h)
  4. bird04

bird04 New Member

so i found the registry editor.. but when i tried using the hack to shorten the vibration duration for txt.. it simply didnt vibrate at all when i had a incoming message.. did i do something wrong?.
  5. hellachopper

hellachopper New Member

setting it to v0.5 works great its not loud at all than and seems alot nicer than v1
  6. txter

txter New Member

are you saying that you got it to vib for a 1/2 ?
    if you did, i love you. ive asked but never tried. ive edited this thing more times than i care to remember. the 1 thing ive always hated is the vib. i want a few short vibs like BBs & my allmy old LGs.
    im gona give her a go.
  7. hellachopper

hellachopper New Member

yep i got mine on v0.3 and its good its not loud at all
  8. txter

txter New Member

ok... i tried. i set my script for my ringer to vib for 0.5 & out of my lil Q1 came the most F'd up vib ive ever had. way longer than a haf sec & not as strong as normal. it almost seemed haf power.
  9. hellachopper

hellachopper New Member

lol dang i wish i still had my q1 i would want to see that, that sucks though i cant remember if i tryed 0.5 on the q1 i just used 1