Vibrate Hack - Defaults back when different profile chosen

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by Stitch, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Stitch

Stitch New Member

Vibrate Hack - Defaults back when different profile chosen

I have 4 sound profiles. Loud, Quiet, Vibrate, and Mute.

For Loud and Quiet, my script hack is 'av1pw1r'. I also want this applied as my Quiet script as well.

However in my testing, if I change the script when the profile Loud is chosen, then switch to the Quiet profile, the Quiet profile will default back to the original script, not the one I programmed for Ringtone0 and Ringtone1 (haven't found a difference between changing both or just one).

Am I correct in assuming that the OS overwrites the Ringtone0 script depending on the selected options for each profile? If so, is there a way to program the profile and not just the Ringtone0 script?

Thanks.
  2. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Profile Script Changes

I don't know for sure, but I think that's what happens. Those registry values get updated with the profile values.

You could try editing the profile XML code (for example, \Application Data\Profiles\Meeting.prof.xml) and changing the vibration script value there.

Steve
  3. Stitch

Stitch New Member

How do I edit the XML files? I cannot edit them from the phone and each time I try to copy them out of the phone to my PC the files are not visible even though it states they were copied.
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

on the phone goto Start Menu > Settings > Profiles > Menu - Edit.
  5. Stitch

Stitch New Member

I know that.

I want to edit the XML file directly.
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

oh ok.... i just tried it and i can edit and save them with Vieka Wordpad..
  7. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Hidden Files

Do you have your PC set to show Hidden and System files? If not, they won't show up there.

Steve

P.S. Consider pushing the Thanks button on helpful posts.
  8. Stitch

Stitch New Member

That was the issue.

However, in editing the XML file, I found that the Q then will not allow you to change to different profiles. Let's say you have 3 edited xml files, one loud, one vibrate, and one quiet. If all 3 have been edited, you can only use one and the Q will not allow you to select different profiles or edit the profile currently in use.

If you have 1 edited profile, but have a OE profile selected, you can select any profile but the edited xml profile.
  9. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Edited Profiles

Does the edited profile show up in the list of profiles? If not, maybe your XML has a syntax error and the Profiles settings applet works like the Home Screen settings applet and doesn't display bad XML files.

Steve
  10. Stitch

Stitch New Member

Yes, both unedited and edited profiles will show up.

However, I cannot have to of the same xml files of the same type (like two 'Normal' profiles). I can have an edited 'Normal' Profile show along with an unedited 'Meeting' profile.
  11. cdrod

cdrod New Member

anyone come up with anything else on this it's getting old having to edit the register every time i change a profile
  12. Stitch

Stitch New Member

Nope. If you have an edited profile.xml file on the phone, it won't let you switch between profiles so that is not a solution.

Editing the registry seems to be the only solution to truly customizing the ring profile.

I just use the standards, too much of a pain to edit the registry each time.