Very Poor Battery Life

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by Jwurm99, Nov 25, 2008.

1. aliazing

aliazing New Member

2. Hexx

Hexx New Member

3. aliazing

aliazing New Member

Gotta!!! lol.
  4. Militman

Militman New Member

I have this very same problem. I have been on the Q forums till around 1:30 a.m. for two nights in a row now. By the time I am done the phone says full charge and so I disconnect it. It was charging via usb. Then by the time I wake in the morning (around 10:00 a.m.), I am on christmas vacation.:laugh2:, the phone will be off. When I power it back on it has a message that says it is severely low on battery life and neds to be recharged. This happened to me twice now. I dont have many programs. I have the HTC unlock, facade, email set to 60 min update (just changed to once a day since I read the post), and thats about it besides like myspace mobile and pocket express. Any ideas? Anything running in the background besides the email that I dont know about?
  5. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

I still say you guys are expecting too much from your batteries.

I wouldn't dare think of leaving my phone off the charger and on overnight.

On Christmas vacation I could only charge one phone at a time and one battery on the computer. Forgot a charger home but had an external battery charger for the Q.

The Q9c would go from a near full charge to a couple bars or less by morning.
    Swap the battery when dead and do it over the next day.
  6. Militman

Militman New Member

Yea I guess I just thought that the stand by life on this q would be better. I will work through this and get the best possible solution because I am not giving up my Q!:laugh2:
  7. jamm4unow

jamm4unow New Member

I went to Sprint last week to purchase a new battery. When I take my phone off the charger, I am only getting about 15 minutes of battery life. The rep took my phone to the technician, they talked a couple of minutes, and she brought the phone back and told me that I probably didn't need a new battery because this is a "known issue" with the phone. I have the Moto Q first edition. So, I signed on to see if anyone else was having a similar problem and how they were able to fix it.
  8. sherri

sherri Active Member

Battery on phone does stink, but you shoul get more then 15 minutes!!

Are you leaving apps open? Dashwire and Skyfire are battery hogs...
  9. jamm4unow

jamm4unow New Member

No. I don't have those. Sprint told me this was a known issue with the Q.
  10. jamm4unow

jamm4unow New Member

Militman, we have the exact same issue. Are you on Sprint also?
    ALSO: Go Bears! Fire Lovie! Get a QB and WR!
  11. I8qbert

I8qbert Active Member

i had the same issue. I got a new battery and the issue was solved. The battery should last at least a day with moderate use. I charge mine at night and in the car (if I remember). Keep in mind these are like little computers and they drain batteries far more quickly than a normal cell phone.
  12. jamm4unow

jamm4unow New Member

when i went to purchase a battery, they told me it was a known problem and said that there was not need to purchase a battery. they basically just sent me on my way. do you have sprint? if so, did they give or sell you a new battery?
  13. Militman

Militman New Member

Hey Jamm they need to keep Lovie but I agree about the QB, the GM just put out that Orton is gonna have to earn his spot next year. They are gonna look for a QB number one priority. They are thinking about McNabb and some others. We will see.

I think I figured out the problem to the battery, Whenever I use the NFL Mobile app it drains stays running in the background and as soon as my phone dies and I have to reboot it, everything is fine till I use it again. I am with Alltel but got the app from the forums cause someone was able to post the cab. It works. Very Nice!!!! Anyway, I shut off the phone and turned it back on before I went to bed and still had 3 bars when I woke up. Watch for programs running in the background.

Anyone know how to turn them off or make sure they are off without restarting the phone? Thanks.
  14. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

with nfl mobile....hit the exit icon? that completly shuts her down....
  15. jamm4unow

jamm4unow New Member

ok, i'll have to check that. i'm thinking that isn't my problem though. i can plug up my phone and then unplug it and it only gives me 15 minues. i think there is something else going on. i'll check and see what's running in the background and close all the apps before i charge it.
  16. I8qbert

I8qbert Active Member

no i have Verizon. I bought a new battery because 1.my phone was not keeping a charge and 9 times out of ten that means the battery is past it's prime (or defective) batteries don't last forever ;). 2. my phone was out of warranty. No body is going to tolerate a 15 minute battery life regardless if it is a "known problem" or not. Plenty of people here have sprint and get acceptable battery life. If a new battery does not solve your problem then you need to escalate the problem and try to get the phone replaced.
  17. jamm4unow

jamm4unow New Member

i have had my Q since april 2007. about how long does the battery last? i will go by and pick up a battery today and see what happens next. i didn't start having these issues until recently. i constantly have to keep my phone on the charger now. i can do some text messages and get a few emails, but aside from that, it won't last. i have become so frustrated by the problems i've had an sprint's inability to deal with them that i may finally jump ship in april when the contract is up.

does the battery have only about a two year life?
  18. jamm4unow

jamm4unow New Member

Moto Q comparisons to next generations, Saga, Instinct

I was just reading some Samsung Saga and Instinct posts. People were making comparisons between them and the Q9c (I believe). First, can someone give me an idea of the difference between the Moto Q1 and the next generation Q phones? I have the Q1, and I've wondered about upgrading to the new generation Q phones. Also, how do those next generation Q phones compare to phones like the Saga, Instinct, and the Palm Centro? I know I may be asking a lot, but I'd appreciate any responses.
  19. I8qbert

I8qbert Active Member

there have been a lot of threads comparing those devices, just do a quick search on EQ and you should find some :)
  20. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Never trust Sprint. Everything I have taken to them, has been normal.
    Well almost I had to force a condition on a phone that I figured might get me a replacement. Funny thing is that WAS normal for the phone.

The battery has to be no good. Or the charger or the phone isn't charging the battery. But considering Occam's razor let's go with the battery.

I go to phonearena for phone comparisons.
    The short version is the 9c has more storage, more RAM, better CPU(?), GPS, and WM6.1.