Very Poor Battery Life

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by Jwurm99, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Jwurm99

Jwurm99 New Member

Very Poor Battery Life

I sometimes will make one or two phone calls no longer then 20 minutes and half way through the day my phone will be on two bars. Then a few hours later it will be on one bar. I have charged my phone full, take it off the charger and put in on silent go to sleep wake up the next morning and I have one bar of battery left. Why is my phone eating battery for no reason? I can understand if I surf the web or constantly text and talk but I check my phone every 20 minutes to view the time that shouldn't kill my battery all day. Anyone have any solutions? Any similar situations? Any suggestions appreciated. By the way I don't have the extended battery. Still with the standard battery I should be able to go through the day with one bar lost at night like all my other phones.
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

what kind of signal area are you in?

I have gone to bed wiith full charge in a crappy area and have the low battery warning when I wake up 6 hours later
  3. firecracker37

firecracker37 New Member

Also, if you have any programs running in the background, or if the device is fetching e-mail a lot, you will suck down the juice while you sleep.
  4. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

combine these 2 things and your battery will be smoked like a crackhead on payday.. :eek:
  5. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

**Off topic**
    hahahahahahahaha!
  6. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

how long have you had the phone? the batteries are only intended for afinite life span. With a standard battery I can make it between 8 and 10 hours on a charge. But I leave BT on, plus I have an exchange account set up, and I use the internet heavily all day.
  7. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

why unplug it at night. i only charge mine over night.
  8. I8qbert

I8qbert Active Member

sounds to me like you should try getting a new battery. hopefully that will solve your problem or at least you will have a back up.
  9. Hexx

Hexx New Member

Yeah - as suggested - check on what might be running in the background. you may have GPS (not sure what phone you have) and/or bluetooth on. These along with having Internet Explorer open will kill you quick. If these are all definitely off, then battery it is.
  10. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Even with the well known, sketchy battery life of the Q, your issue seems extreme.
    Check to see if the data connection is always on. If you keep seeing 3G or EDGE where the battery indicator is in the top bar, then thats the source of your rapid battery drain.
    Else, you will need to get a new battery. Might as well spring for the Seidio 1500mah battery that's the same size as the standard 1130mah that comes with the Q.
  11. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Not sure about the data.
    Unless see that mentioned often not my phone keeps an "EV" synthetic top at all times.

What programs do you have installed and how is your email configured?

Having program like IE open will not in itself kill the battery .
    Having a program running that uses data or cpu time will.
  12. Jwurm99

Jwurm99 New Member

Resolution

Ok so I came to the conclusion. I took out the storage card and waited until the phone battery was near dead. From there I charged it fully for 8 hours over night. The battery is refreshed and acting the same as when I first bought the phone. Thank you for all your posts I appreciate it.
  13. k-man

k-man New Member

Every day provide 3 batteries for my q9h, but normally only use 2 batteries a day.
  14. aliazing

aliazing New Member

Any Better Solution?

Is there any smarter way to make the globe greener than just unplug the card? :embarassed:

I just got my Q9h last week and encounter the same problem...
  15. cindra

cindra Active Member

Welcome to Everything Q!

We hope you enjoy hanging around. :)
    Don't forget--There is a search area at the top of every page and "sticky" posts in different forums. Chances are your answer is already there.

This has been a canned, but very heartfelt, welcome. :tounge:
  16. rogert438

rogert438 New Member

In addition to all the great advice that has been already given -This may help depending on how you charge your phone...
    When you charge fix the charger directly into the phone rather than through the sink cradle or USB cable. this somehow gives a better bat-life. try it. + let me know.

If you are already doing this then - Yo! I dont know! :foot: sorry!:embarassed:
  17. aliazing

aliazing New Member

Thanks, I will try to connect directly.

But looks like after uninstall the MoDaCo GPS activator, the battery recover....

If anybody know any substitute of MoDaCo GPS kindly let me know. Thanks.
  18. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

all the changes can be done manually in the registry .
  19. aliazing

aliazing New Member

Really? I do changed the port from COM4 to COM5 in registry after install Modaco. But GPSTest cannot detect any GPS after uninstall Modaco.

Could you elaborate more on how to make it works by changing the registry?
    :gasp:

Thanks.
  20. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

I'm on my phone .
    Search for the com 1 hack .