Vertical Pouch Similar to Blackberry Case?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by sculder, Jul 23, 2007.

1. sculder

sculder New Member

Vertical Pouch Similar to Blackberry Case?

Hello,

I've been in a case crunch for about two weeks now. I couldn't decide on what I wanted until I saw a friends Blackberry 8300 case (the default case that comes with the device). I like the way the case was constructed, the size, and the black stitching with the black leather.

View attachment 859

The Moto Q fits very well in it, but of course it reads 'Blackberry' on the outside of the case. I didn't know if there was a vertical pouch out there that emulated almost the same experience as this case, or should I just get the blackberry case and be done with it?

thanks

Attached Files:

2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

take a look in the Qstore here
  3. sculder

sculder New Member

been there, done that, and I've been on cases.com. I can't find a vertical pouch that has the flip top magnetic lid, keeps a slim profile, and has a nice swivel clip. I keep coming back to the blackberry case.
  4. regression

regression New Member

I am using a black pouch from Verizon. Works pretty well.
  5. sculder

sculder New Member

6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

7. Bag302

Bag302 New Member

I have the horizontal version of the Cellet case and really like it. It is VERY high quality. Smells like leather and everything.

$15 from a kiosk in the mall.
  8. sculder

sculder New Member

I got the case in yesterday. The first impressions are pretty good.

- Great construction of the case, black leather on the outside, with tan leather on the inside.

- two removable clips: one swivel clip, and one stationary clip.

I like the feel of the overall case, not too big. The only complaint I have (which may not be a complaint after the case is broken in) was that for my black Moto Q, it is a little snug on the sides due to the soft touch paint on the device.

Also, it has two clips included that can be changed out. I played around with the case for about 30 minutes last night trying to put the other clip (the stationary one) on and couldn't get it in. The swivel clip however clicks right in.

All and all, so far so good.
  9. acalvarez

acalvarez New Member

Haha funny to read this, because my dad uses the 8830 and had that case as well. I found that the Q fit in it too but the dog ate his. We got two and I'm using one. Using a knife I was able to pop out the blackberry emblem. It only leaves two small holes. I think they add character :)
  10. sculder

sculder New Member

Well it was a good case, just not for the Black Moto Q. I received five phone calls while it was in the case/holster. I pulled and tugged and actually missed one call because I couldn't get it out of the case in time. The soft-touch paint on the black Q made retrieving it from case a near impossibility. I have since packaged it back up and am waiting to send it back to Cellet. If any one out there wants a new Cellet case perfect for the SILVER Q, I'll sell it cheap. Otherwise I'll just return it to them.

In the meantime, I went ahead and ordered the case I started posting about in the first place: the Blackberry 8300/8800 black leather swivel case.
  11. blulegend

blulegend New Member

I did that exact same thing you did. I just got the cellet case and it's too tight. I just ordered the OEM Blackberry 8800/8830 case from Amazon.com. The merchant is AccessoryOne and they sell it for around $11.50.
  12. drgracr

drgracr New Member

I bought a case at my local Alltel store that said on the package it was for a Treo. It has a swivel clip and a magnetic top closure. The Q fits in it really nice, not too tight so it's hard to get out but not too loose so that I'm worried about it either.
  13. sculder

sculder New Member

What was the case? Do you have a model/style, pic, or URL?

As for that Blackberry 8300 case, $11.00 is a heck of a deal through Amazon. I purchased it through cases.com and I think I paid $19 for it.
  14. blulegend

blulegend New Member

It's actually the 8800/8830 case. Not sure if they are all the same or not, but the measurements of the 8830 are closest to the Q's.

I got it today and I love it. Easy to get the Q in and out. Nice sturdy clip, the type with a "hook" on the bottom of the clip to securely hold onto my scrub pants. Although the clip's center is sort of above the center of the case, if I wear it sideways, it pretty much stays in the correct horizontal position on my pants. Lastly, I like the partially open top, because if you place the phone in upside down and facing inward, the speakers are exposed so I can hear my rings well. This is something MANY cases are missing, holes for the speaker. Great case.
  15. babybird

babybird New Member

I have that pouch as well. Loved the magnetic flap and all that, however after using it for several months my battery life started to suck more and more, and after a while it would randomly do strange things when I was trying to use it. I finally realized that the fancy magnetic clip had been constantly pressing on the center button on the D-pad and had worn it out to the point that bumping the phone would result in a press, or simply a very faint graze across the button with my finger.

I quit using the pouch and over a few months it has recovered to some degree, but that button is still very sensitive to being pressed now. :(

Just an FYI for anyone using or considering using the Verizon pouch (or possibly others with the magnetic clip around that button?).

Other than that I loved that pouch, just wish it had a hard plate in it that would prevent ALL button presses when in the pouch, or that the Q had a system like a Blackberry 7100-series where the magnet in the holster just de-activates the screen and buttons, thus preventing ANY excess battery drainage even if a button IS accidentally pressed while the device is holstered. I've gotta give the Blackberry engineers props for that design, it's very clever and a slick solution to a common problem!